Probably not very. I played through a 15 watt amp the other day and needed to turn it up to about 7 or 8 for it to get to the other side of the floor.
The worst thing about one of those tiny combos in my experience is that they distort if you turn them past 3 or so.

So they're not very loud to begin with and then you can't turn them up anyway.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
like,pocket amp quiet maybe?
Give a man a fish and he'll be hungry tomorrow,but put his ass in fishnets and someone will buy him dinner-Gene Simmons
There shit, terrible. Its grand to get started on but its shit.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
10 watts is fine for a guitar practice amp, but not for bass IME. In order to get a good clean sound out of a bass practice amp, it should be at least 30 watts. Still wont be very loud, but depending on the amp, it can still sound good.
My practise amp is a Peavey Micro Bass. That's 15 watts and thats pretty loud for a bedroom setting.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
well i have a fender rumbler 15 i think and its loud to wer it shakes the room at full balst
Depends on the amp. I owned a Kustom KBA10 at one point and it was loud as frick. For a practice amp, 10W is OK; however you will need something with a more wattage to play wiht others.
I had a Kona amp as my first bass amp, that I blindly bought in a pawn shop for cheap. It was ok and somewhere between 10-30 watts, it never distorted, but it was hardly a room shaker, maybe if I had a glass of water on top it would do the Jurassic Park thing. Gave it to my cousin for christmas, works for him cause he just fiddles with it in his room occasionly
Yes but you can all just tell that that amp will distort as soon as it is turned on. It has not been designed as a little practise amp. It has been designed as a beginner amp.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I don't get these "I bought this, is it any good" threads. Surely it's better to ask first?
My acoustic B10 is pretty loud for a 10w. If I turn it to around (there's no number markers) 12 o'clock then it is can be heard well downstairs. It distorts past 10 o'clock though........At least I don't need a distortion pedal if I play loud
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Without any amp you can't hear what you are playing and it will do this. You might just be able to play with an acoustic guitar or anything else set to that level but not with an electric and certainly not with drums. As everyone has said these are just for bedroom practice.
Quote by gilly_90
The worst thing about one of those tiny combos in my experience is that they distort if you turn them past 3 or so.

Yeah, you're right on that. My starter bass came with a 20W amp that distorts awfully if the volume is past 5 or so. Like everyone else has said already an amp like that would only be good for bedroom practice, but I usually play unplugged.
smb, i love you. i havent been on ug for a while and i come back and it hasnt change. no good convo threads or inquiry threads or anything that involves skill or planning or any sort of knowledge. its all: is this good? is it ok to do this? i play guitar and now im wicked good at bass, is that ok? i bought a yamaha beginner bass for 2k, was that a good deal? i need amp help, it wont turn on even though i used the supplied black cord to jam into my squier.

sorry to be a crab right now. this community is really annoying and how stoopid and redundant the questions always are.

NO. a 10 watt amp will sound like cheese being filtered through your mothers fat toes.

I can only assume you got a beginners bass package. please for the love of god when something is wrong or you dont get something use the search bar. use google. use something that does not involve making a thread. only when you have exhausted all other options will a thread be allowed.

so tired of redundant threads.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by smb
I don't get these "I bought this, is it any good" threads. Surely it's better to ask first?

I just bought it because of the bass... not the amp.
Me ----> <---- Me
Trolls ----------------^
I siged you, Greg hope you don't mind
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.