Hey everyone,

I'm searching for a new amp to play trash and metalcore.
I'm very interested in the peavey 6505 series but I dont know which amp would sound better, the 6505 Head or the 6505+ Head?

It might be a lame question but I haven't tested one before and the video's on youtube aren't that good. So is there anyone who owns or used on of these amps who can tell me if there's a difference in sound?

Tkanks!
The 6505+ has improved cleans (still not great, but more lively to my ears), separate EQ's for each channel, etc. From what I understand, its generally more versatile.

It is generally accepted that the 6505 has better gain, and a more "pure" tone because of less circuitry. It also has a tad more gain, but both models have more than you will ever need.

Last edited by EMGPWNS at May 30, 2011,
Quote by StringForStroke
Hey everyone,

I'm searching for a new amp to play trash
Tkanks!

i'd look at a marshall mg

use the searchbar, theres hundreds of threads asking the difference between the two (the 6505 and 6505+)
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at May 30, 2011,
I like my 6505+, if I have gain at 5 (12 o'clock) with an OD the 'metalcore' sound is easily achieved and then some haha
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Basically, the 6505 is more raw and brutal, does one thing mainly and does it damn good. The + is more smooth and versatile, does cleans well and crunch okay.

I'd recommend the + to you. It's kind of the go to metal amp, unless you really know exactly the tone you're looking for
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The 6505 + is probably what you are looking for. Its definitly a great amp for metalcore. Dont make a decision without looking at the JSX though. Its definitly more versetile, and I personally like it better for thrash. But the 6505+ may be more of your thing.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
Quote by StringForStroke

Hey everyone,

I'm searching for a new amp to play trash
Tkanks!

i'd look at a marshall mg

use the searchbar, theres hundreds of threads asking the difference between the two.

you totally win.
Here you go.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.