What sort of compressor sound do you guys likes for bass?
I built my bassist a highly modified Big Muff, sort of like a modified Ram's Head with MOSFET clipping and an extra gain stage like the Blackout Effectors Musket, and flat mids. Now, i want to build him a compressor to go with it, since his birthday is coming up.

What kind of compressor sounds good for bass? You can name tones, or you can name specific pedals.

thanks guys!
Keeley 4 knob compressor works wonders for guitar. I don't know if it's applicable to bass but check it out.
Multi band comrpessors, no doubt about it.

I very much like the ebs multi-comp as my no. 1 choice but there have been others that have done the job.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Vampire 255

Actually, thought it might be a bit different, since it would be directly paired with a BMP, both would be almost all the time. A bit more specific....
EDIT: Also, I thought I made it clear that I planned to build this one? That's pretty different thread material....

Quote by fatgoogle
Multi band comrpessors, no doubt about it.

I very much like the ebs multi-comp as my no. 1 choice but there have been others that have done the job.

Not sure what a multiband is? Could you explain why it's good?
Last edited by forsaknazrael at May 30, 2011,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Not sure what a multiband is? Could you explain why it's good?

A multiband compressor allows you to pick the frequency range that is compressed. For example, a 2 band compressor allows you to compress the highs and lows to a different amount.

Basically, it gives you more flexibility in your compression. However, it's more complicated.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.