I searched and couldn't find a thread for this (unless I'm making a huge mistake in thinking these guys a metal).

SHINING

"Shining is a Norwegian band that started out as an acoustic jazz quartet in 1999. Their sound has since become more experimental and extreme, incorporating elements from metal and progressive rock as well as 19th and 20th century classical music."

Basically they started as a Jazz band, but the new album "BlackJazz" is most definitely a metal album. Take a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qslyq8CcXu0

I just found these guys and think they're awesome.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Sounds too much like they're trying too hard to be "random" and progressive. (I also checked out Fisheye in the related list)
Also the synthy sounds are annoying.

So meh, I'd rather stick to Darkthrone and Ben Webster separately.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
I gave them a listen a few days ago, just to be able to say that they suck on the Shining last.fm page. Because they do.

Fisheye was the track I heard and I agree with valdean on all counts. Their vocalist is also pretty horrible.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
It's not bad, but I really prefer the Swedish Shining, which is one of my favourite black metal bands.
Quote by The_Casinator
It's not bad, but I really prefer the Swedish Shining, which is one of my favourite black metal bands.

Nothing better than fans of the Norweigan Shining complaining about Niklas' mutilated arms taking up the top picture spot on last.fm
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by Senor Kristian
Nothing better than fans of the Norweigan Shining complaining about Niklas' mutilated arms taking up the top picture spot on last.fm

Poor, poor jazz fans.
Quote by Senor Kristian

I suffered one of their albums twice. Can't say that eating nails would have been more painful.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
They're fantastic live, not something I fancy listening to at home though
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by valdean
Sounds too much like they're trying too hard to be "random" and progressive.

I would argue against this. They started as a Jazz band. Technically they're just playing really, really, heavy jazz.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Hey, I've heard these guys. Not exactly my kinda thing but pretty interesting. I prefer Swedish Shining.
That was heavy awful. There were some individual parts I enjoyed but they can't write a decent song to save themselves.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.