So, I went to my Grandparent's house the other day, and when I opened up the closet of the visitor's room, I found this:

http://www.tibiuccio.it/img/yamSL700cs1.jpg

A beautiful Yamaha Studio Lord S700, I asked my Grandpa about it and he said it was my Uncle's, so he gave it to me as a gift.
The Guitar was very old, it has had a good 20 years without use, so I will get the intonation adjusted and repair the terrible fret buzz that comes from it, the guitar sounds terrible, so I have to make several adjustments in order to get it to be like new.
I will aslo change the pickups to these:

(Neck) Seymour Duncan SH-2n
(Bridge) Seymour Duncan SH-4

Any suggestions or Ideas?
What is with all these people getting perfectly good guitars (or at least modification platforms) for free lately?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
You got nothing on the guys who found guitars in dumpsters.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Holy moly that sooooo doesnt look 20 years old the paint still looks nice too lol good find buddy! i got nothing cept make sure it doesnt get shoved in a closet again >.>
Quote by ELLIOTT_ANGELA
I bought SD Pearly Gates for my new toy.

Thats my suggestion.

Too expensive
Dude... get it cleaned and setup and listen to the pups BEFORE yanking them. You might be surprized at how good vintage MIJ pups can be.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by Auriemma
Dude... get it cleaned and setup and listen to the pups BEFORE yanking them. You might be surprized at how good vintage MIJ pups can be.

This most definitely
Apparently this is a signature

Yessir it is
^This.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
Quote by PsiGuy60
What is with all these people getting perfectly good guitars (or at least modification platforms) for free lately?

So I'm not the only who noticed, lol
Divider (Prog/Ambient Metal)

Guitars:
LTD TE-202
Schecter Sunset Extreme
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Crunch Lab & LiquiFire
Tanglewood Acoustic
Epiphone Acoustic (The Junker)
Or instead of replacing the pickups and whatnot, just clean it up, set it up, and keep it all stock for a sweet vintage-y guitar

I'd do that anyways. Even if the pickups didn't sound that great. It'd be cool to have.
Quote by Woffelz
You got nothing on the guys who found guitars in dumpsters.

I found a 60s/70s Epiphone classical in a wheelie bin. Now I suspect some of the guys in the states are probably wondering wtf a wheelie bin is (at least I haven't seen one on tv/movies originating from the US):

My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by nitestick
I found a 60s/70s Epiphone classical in a wheelie bin. Now I suspect some of the guys in the states are probably wondering wtf a wheelie bin is (at least I haven't seen one on tv/movies originating from the US):

We have those here.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
i would say clean it up, play it before changing anything. and it may sound good once its cleaned but if its not then i would change the pickups, and look for some good strings for it i suggest earnie ball super slinkys
Quote by 3074326
We have those here.

Indeed....
(I have two...

+1 for not changing the pickups until you test them out...if you do change the p'ups without testing them PM me for an adress you can send them to
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Or instead of replacing the pickups and whatnot, just clean it up, set it up, and keep it all stock for a sweet vintage-y guitar

I'd do that anyways. Even if the pickups didn't sound that great. It'd be cool to have.

This. Keep it stock. Honestly, it'd be an awesome guitar I'm sure.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Nice find mate, I wish I could find a guitar in my grandparents' house. Just clean it thoroughly and give a proper setup and you will have a very good guitar.
Cruel... A little story for you.

My 1977 Bradley is a cousin to your Yamaha. My dad bought it for me new in 1977 for $400. I played it for most of my teen years. Then It sat unused for decades after I moved on to "better" guitars. One day, being much older, I pulled it out of the closet and decided to get it playable and upgrade it. The pots were all scratchy, the pup covers, bridge, and tailpiece were corroded. I took it in to the shop and told the luthier, bring it back to life and tell me what it needs to sound like a real Les Paul. I don't care if it has to be gutted. Do what it takes. After a week he called me back and said... Its ready. I came in and the only visible changes were a replacement bridge and stop tail. When i asked what else he did, he said just cleaned it up, new strings and a solid setup. When I asked about the pups and pots, he said they are all in great shape, just needed a good cleaning. The sound is pure Les Paul. He dared me to compare it to any LP in the store. He wouldn't change a thing and suggested I leave it stock. I took his advice.

To me... that says volumes about the quality that was put into it back then. And being older I can now appreciate it more.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by Auriemma
Cruel... A little story for you.

My 1977 Bradley is a cousin to your Yamaha. My dad bought it for me new in 1977 for $400. I played it for most of my teen years. Then It sat unused for decades after I moved on to "better" guitars. One day, being much older, I pulled it out of the closet and decided to get it playable and upgrade it. The pots were all scratchy, the pup covers, bridge, and tailpiece were corroded. I took it in to the shop and told the luthier, bring it back to life and tell me what it needs to sound like a real Les Paul. I don't care if it has to be gutted. Do what it takes. After a week he called me back and said... Its ready. I came in and the only visible changes were a replacement bridge and stop tail. When i asked what else he did, he said just cleaned it up, new strings and a solid setup. When I asked about the pups and pots, he said they are all in great shape, just needed a good cleaning. The sound is pure Les Paul. He dared me to compare it to any LP in the store. He wouldn't change a thing and suggested I leave it stock. I took his advice.

To me... that says volumes about the quality that was put into it back then. And being older I can now appreciate it more.

Thanks man, I really appreciate this nice story you told me.
I haven't had any time to take it out for repairs, but I think I'll do it this weekend.
yeah man. high end yamahas are expensive and very good guitars. same. most of the ones i see today are the lower end ones.

keep that sucker.
Quote by nitestick

Yeah we call em trash-cans or garbage-cans
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate