e--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Tab Template)

Here is a place to post your favorite chord progressions! I'll start

e--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-------------1-----1-----1----------------------------------------------------
G--------------------2----------------------------------------------------------
D---2---2----2-----3----2----2--2--------------------------------------------
A---2---3----3-----------3----3--2--------------------------------------------
E---0---0--------------------------0--------------------------------------------
Em Cm C Fm C Cm Em

I know, boring old E, but it's a beautiful progression. What you got?
Creator of www.TheAudioSurfer.com

Free Music For the Masses
Where you don't have to pay anything except attention.

I am looking for new artists who are willing to give up some free music for the sake of being heard.
umm, hate to be a pedant, but those aren't Cm or Fm chords...
The 'Cm' is a C/E (C major first inversion) and the 'Fm' is an F (major)

My favourite progression? I really like this one I found a few days ago in a jazz chord theory book:

e-------------3----------------1--------2----------------------------------------
B----8-------5-------5-------1--------3----------------------------------------
G----7-------5-------5-------2--------4----------------------------------------
D----8-------5-------3-------3--------2----------------------------------------
A----7-------0-------5-----------------3----------------------------------------
E------------------------------3--------------------------------------------------
Em7b5 - Am7 - Dm9 - G11 - Cmaj9(#11)
Last edited by theknuckster at May 30, 2011,
i don't know the names of these

e---0---0---0----0------------------------------------------------------------------
B---8---7---12---5-------------------------------------------------------------------
G---0---0---0----0------------------------------------------------------------------
D---5---4---9----2-----------------------------------------------------------------
A---7---5---10---3-------------------------------------------------------------------
E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F#m, E, D, F#m7 .. This is a chord progression I use in a song I wrote.

F#m E D F#m7
e|-2-----0-----2-----2------
B|-2-----0-----3-----2------
G|-2-----1-----2-----2------
D|-4-----2-----0-----2------
A|-4-----2------------4------
E|-2-----0------------2------

I'll strum or fingerpick the first progression and throw in some licks. Sometimes I'll play this bottom progression as a variation of the first.

F#m E D C#m
e|--9------7-----5-----4-----
B|-10-----9-----7------5----
G|-11-----9-----7------6----
D|-----------------------------
A|-----------------------------
E|-----------------------------

This is another progression I've used in a song.

e-0-----0-----0-----0----
B-7-----5-----8-----8----
G-7-----6-----9-----7----
D-0-----7-----9-----9----
A-5-----7-----------------
E-0-----0-----------------

The chord progression originated from a D, A, Em, G strumming progression I came up with. After jamming on it for some time, I worked those open notes into the chord progression because it gave them a droning effect and it sounded cool. I do not know what to call those chords, but the bassline that goes with the progression is simply D, A, G, G.

Another progression I used in a song.

Am F Dm Em
e-0-----1-----1-----0----
B-1-----1-----3-----0----
G-2-----2-----2-----0----
D-2-----3-----0-----2----
A-0-----3------------2----
E-0-----1------------0---

or

Am F Dm Em
e-5-----5-----5-----3----
B-5-----6-----6-----5----
G-5-----5-----7-----4----
D-7-----7-----7-----5----
A-7------------------------
E-5------------------------

or

Am F Dm Em
e--8-----8----10-----7-----
B-10---10----10-----8-----
G--9----10---10-----9------
D-----------------------------
A-----------------------------
E-----------------------------

Just different variations of the same chord progression.
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
Quote by the_resistance

e---0---0---0----0------------------------------------------------------------------
B---8---7---12---5-------------------------------------------------------------------
G---0---0---0----0------------------------------------------------------------------
D---5---4---9----2-----------------------------------------------------------------
A---7---5---10---3-------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like I've heard this progression before. It was in the bridge or something to a real famous song right?
e-----3------0-------3------0--------------------------------------------------------
B-----3------0-------3------0----4----------------------------------------------------
G-----0------2-------0------2----4----------------------------------------------------
D-----0------2-------0------2----4----------------------------------------------------
A-----X------X-------X------X----2----------------------------------------------------
E-----3------2-------3------2--------------------------------------------------------

From a famous song
I–ii–iii–IV–V
Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.

I believe that the progression would go Em Dadd4 add9 (don't take my word for that one) Gadd b7 and Cmaj