I have a Dimebag with a whammy bar,and every time I try to tune my guitar it just un-tunes it self.How do I stop it from doing that?
so wait, did you buy a guitar with a floyd without researching floyd roses at all?
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Tune the low E string first, then the A string. Then the E string again. Then the D string, and then the E and A strings again, then the E again. Repeat until you've tuned every string, and tuned the E string approximately 21 times.

Yes, floating bridges are a bitch to give a good set-up. You get used to it quickly though.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
pretty much,I just so happend to get this guitar for free so I know nothing about it.
my guesses are you bought new strings
you are trying to tune now
but the string are a different gauge than the original strings...
... in wich case you wil have to re-adjust your bridge
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Yamaha self customized EG012
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Once you do get it tuned and you lock it it should hold pretty well. Tune it with the fine tuners on the bottom for as long as you can before you undo the locking nut to tune it again.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
Quote by J-dog-Ibanez
pretty much,I just so happend to get this guitar for free so I know nothing about it.

Oh my god everyone is getiing guitars for free!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
Oh my god everyone is getiing guitars for free!

I know....in dumpsters, closets....what next? I'm going to stand outside for the rest of the day. Maybe a guitar will fall out of the sky and I can catch it.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I know! seriously! my friend just found a bass in the trash can and my other friend found one in his grandpa's closet! What's next? the bathroom? Me and you can go outside tommorow and we'll try to catch one.just remember to bring some nets,and some slipknot to attract them.
Last edited by J-dog-Ibanez at May 30, 2011,
Quote by JKHC
I know....in dumpsters, closets....what next? I'm going to stand outside for the rest of the day. Maybe a guitar will fall out of the sky and I can catch it.

I just stab people for my free guitars... WHAT!?!?! DON'T JUDGE!!!!!!!
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by JKHC

That's going to my sig
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Sanpera II funds: $206

Quote by JKHC
Quote by Output
That's going to my sig

I am honored...but seriously, its going to start.

I noticed you almost have enough for your sanpera. Too bad I don't have a peavy......Remember to post a review of that.

Sanpera II: The Little Pedal Who Could
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?