Hi there guys, so, im looking to sell my bike and get about 300€ (about 430$) for it.

With that money, i will buy guitar effects, and im deciding between getting a Used Morley Bad Horsie II Wah that i can get for 100€ (about 140$) and a Digitech Whammy IV that i can get for 150€ (about 210$) or else i'll buy a Digitech RP355 for about 190€ (about 270$).

My current setup is a squier strat to 4 behringer pedals (dist,phaser,comp&chorus, i got them on sale for 10€ each xD) that i plan on upgrading to new pedals over time, going to a Fame/Megatone 60W Combo.

I know most of you will say the pedals is the way to going, but im looking for the reasons, why do you think the single effects are better than the multi effects or if not, why?

I really dig the morley sound, and the contour wah plus fact that you dont need to stomp for it to work, is just icing over the cake, and the whammy is my dream pedal, but i can have wah and whammy on the rp355.

So, Single FX or Multi-FX?

What would you guys do in this situation and with this budget?

Thanks in Advance
Antero Duarte
i'd buy a new amp first personally.
effects add to your sound but you can't polish a shit, so i'd buy a new amp first and then worry about effects
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
I've heard the wah on the rp355 and its not as good as a real wah pedal, but the I've heard the whammy on the rp355 and it sounds really good.

Well most single effects are analog and most mfx units are digital so the single effects are almost always going to sound better than digital effects. You get more bang for your buck if you go with mfx units though. It just depends what you are looking for.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
the digitech pedals are nice i have the 255 and its awesome it has everything i could ever need and more, my friend has the 355 and its huge, i dont know much about it but if its the higher end one it must be a beast!
Quote by Unholy.Daemon
i'd buy a new amp first personally.
effects add to your sound but you can't polish a shit, so i'd buy a new amp first and then worry about effects

First of all, i want you to know that it is a really good amp for the price i paid for it, second, i cant buy an amp with wah and whammy, how the hell do you think i can do that?

I do want to buy an amp, an orange probably, but i dont have enough money right now, and for the budget i have, polishing my sound with pedals is the best i can do.
Quote by kutless999
I've heard the wah on the rp355 and its not as good as a real wah pedal, but the I've heard the whammy on the rp355 and it sounds really good.

Well most single effects are analog and most mfx units are digital so the single effects are almost always going to sound better than digital effects. You get more bang for your buck if you go with mfx units though. It just depends what you are looking for.

yeah, its the wah im more concerned about, because the whammy is already a digital effect, and it is from digitech, so i figured, who else to make a good multi-fx with whammy? right? xD

Also, i heard the distortions on it sound really plastic and digital.

What would you do? based on your experience and your taste, make a valid point, dont just say i choose these cause those suck... xD
Quote by tntero
Also, i heard the distortions on it sound really plastic and digital.
That's because they are people who don't know what they are talking about. You're just going to have to decide yourself. The RP355 has a drum machine and looper. Do you want that? The RP355 is probably going to be better than those Behringer pedals. I've had a couple of Behringer pedals and they never failed to disappoint.

To spend that much on a new Whammy pedal I think you should be sure you're really needing it.
Quote by fly135
That's because they are people who don't know what they are talking about. You're just going to have to decide yourself. The RP355 has a drum machine and looper. Do you want that? The RP355 is probably going to be better than those Behringer pedals. I've had a couple of Behringer pedals and they never failed to disappoint.

To spend that much on a new Whammy pedal I think you should be sure you're really needing it.

i dont see myself using that, but then again, 6 months ago i didnt know i love the whammy so much. so i really dont know what to do xD
Im more inclined to buy single effects, also, because my idea is to replace a behringer for a better one everytime i have the money, until i replace all of them xD

the thing is, do you think it is worth the extra money i will be paying, first for those 2 pedals and then for replacing the others?
Quote by tntero
i dont see myself using that, but then again, 6 months ago i didnt know i love the whammy so much. so i really dont know what to do xD
Im more inclined to buy single effects, also, because my idea is to replace a behringer for a better one everytime i have the money, until i replace all of them xD

the thing is, do you think it is worth the extra money i will be paying, first for those 2 pedals and then for replacing the others?

Have you listened to the wah on the rp355? If you just want the whammy and the wah pedal, than you should just buy those two. But if you want more....
I tend to buy pedals used at a good price, so I have a hard time saying it's worth it unless... you're a pro and you know it's going to make you money. I'm happy with the wah on my RP1000. I have several wah pedals... 535Q, Older Morley, and a Cry Baby.

I don't like the Morley's switch on the side. For me that's worthless. For example, on Voodoo Chile you are using the wah and then have to hit the toe switch while playing. I don't see how to do it with the side switch. I don't care much for the Cry Baby but do like my 535Q. After tweaking the setting on the RP's Clyde Wah I'm happy with it.

I never use the whammy, so I can't comment on it. Considering what pedals you already have and you'll be cleaning out the bank to get these two, I would go with the multifx. Go try the whammy on the Rp355 at GC and see what you think.

If you're not already experienced and have good tempo playing with others or backing tracks, then I think the drum machine will do a lot for you in practice. And the looper is a great creative tool.
Quote by fly135
That's because they are people who don't know what they are talking about. You're just going to have to decide yourself.

tntero, it just depends on how the distortions, wah and the whammy sounds to YOU, not other people.
Last edited by kutless999 at May 30, 2011,