Well, I'm in the mood for some new gear, and so far I'm torn between getting a JCA100H by Jet City, the JCA50H, or maybe a Line 6 POD X3 Pro.

I play a lot of metal of all types, and I also play clean. But generally I play some type of metal, such as melodic death metal, djent, thrash, etc etc. I have a Line 6 M9, so right now its been handling all my effects and distortion. I have a 500 watt hybrid amp that I run into and use as a power amp that drives a full stack.

I was thinking about getting the JCA100H, but I heard you have to really crank it to get the best tone, and I hardly ever crank it, which is why I was kinda thinking about getting the 50 watt JCA50H, since it should be pretty close to having the same sound, but easier to crank. Plus, I could always run the amp into the 500 watt head if I need more volume I guess, or just mic it. Either way....

I like the 6505, so that's the kind of sound I'm going for, but I'm buying this with the pay as you play plan at Zzounds so I can't buy used, and don't really wanna pay the extra 200-300 for the 6505..

But what do you guys think I should get? The Pod Pro (which Id also have to buy a damned footswitch for just to use), the JCA100 head (which I probably wont crank), or the JCA50H?
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Any opinions you guys?
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
The JCA100 or 50 are both great amps. The JCA50 will likely be as loud as you will ever need. A 50w tube amp is really really loud. The volume difference between a 100w and a 50w isnt what people are usually lead to believe

That being said neither of them are too much like a 6505. They can do metal fine, but its not really the same as a 6505 at all. If you really want a 6505 you might get closer by looking at a vypyr tube maybe or a Bugera 6260. Neither will be exactly like a 6505, nothing is, but those will be your best bet if tahts the sound you want.
POD X3 Live
its the floorboard model of the X3 line.
just as good if not better than the current, HD series of pods.
with about 20 minutes per preset of dialing in your desired tone, ive gotten tones from old school sabbath, all the way to dying fetus. this can truly do anything pretty well.
I heard some samples or the metal tone on the jca and it sounded pretty killer. I kinda want the x3 pro but it'd be like 900 with the fbv
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
If you like the metal tone of it than get it. Sounds like you would want the 50w version though based on your original post.
Quote by guitarpatrick66
If you like the metal tone of it than get it. Sounds like you would want the 50w version though based on your original post.

Yeah plus its way cheaper. Im sure 50w is plenty loud for a tube amp. I can always run it into my power amp if I needed more power...
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by larson8er
get the x3 live and a power amp, there ya go.

I've checked the x3 live. It doesn't have the amp models I want
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
I've checked the x3 live. It doesn't have the amp models I want

Eh? The X3 Live has quite a number of amps, what amps are you looking for?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
The 5150 model isnt on the X3 Live, or so the model gallery says, plus the X3 Pro is sexy as ****.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
You should be able to find a used 6505 over in the states for dirt cheap. If you want 6505 sounds, get a 6505.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Mopy
You should be able to find a used 6505 over in the states for dirt cheap. If you want 6505 sounds, get a 6505.

I've already explained that I don't have enough cash to buy used and that im buying with a payment plan
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
The 5150 model IS on the X3 live

29. Peavey® 5150 II®

Don't go complaining about how it's the II and not the original 5150 because honestly...it's an X3 live. It's going to sound the same either way.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

OK, I know I used to be really anal about getting the right amp when I was searching for my amp, but the Pod XT has:

Mesa/Boogie® 2001 Dual Rectifier
Mesa/Boogie® Mark IIc+

Shouldn't that sort out your high gain needs? Honestly, while Line 6 modeling algorithms are good, I don't think its that good that you can distinctly distinguish the difference between either of those and a 5150+. IMHO.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
You shouldnt base line 6 stuff on the amps that are modelled you might find your desired amp model rubbish and end up boosting a jcm800 model..
They dont sound that much alike the real thing you know...