I've been listening to the Blueridge 140, 140A, 160 & 160A at Maurys site (video demos) and am leaning toward the 160A (really didn't want to spend that much but the tone has me hooked). Since I can't play it in person I am wondering how is playability on Blueridge? My main concern is I bought a Silver Creek D170 which really has nice tone but is hard to play. I lowered the action to 3/32" at the 12th fret (low E) and put extra light strings on it but it still is a little tough to play. You have to press extra hard to get a nice clean articulate tone which is tough on the finger tips.
The reason I ask is about BR playability is that I have heard that BR, SC & Recording Kings are made in the same factory in China.
It all really depends on how well your guitar is set up.

I got mine 2 years ago from the music emporium and i haven't had to get it set up. Still plays as well as the day i got it.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
I do my own setups. Adjusted the truss rod & saddle. I even replaced the saddle to Tusq which shouldn't affect playability, just tone. My Yamaha guitars with a higher action are easier to play.
i like the playability of the blueridges i've played including the one i own. in fact, my blueridge br-341 is the only guitar i've owned that didn't bother having the action lowered on, and it has no buzz at all. several guitar brands are made in that factory, but they are made to the designs and specs of the company they are manufacturing them for, not their own specs. anyway, you can have maury check the actual guitar he's going to send you.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
patticake... how would you describe BR playability say to Yamaha or any other guitars you have or have played?
playability is a wide variety of factors. what may be very playable for one isn't as playable for someone else.

i like the 1 3/4" nut on the blueridge A guitars. it's comfortable. the neck profile was also comfortable for me, and though it's not a deep neck, i liked it. the action isn't really low, but the ones i've played are probably a little on the low side of average. neck angle and fingerboard radius all worked well for me. they come with d'addario pb 12's on them, and while i tend to use 10's, i still found the blueridge A series and the parlors comfortable to play.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!