Hi I just bought this JH600 few days ago and when I got it I noticed that a few of the frets were coming out or something forced them to start to come out. I need to make a fast decision to keep it or send it back. I bought it from ebay and he told me it was never played and never opened. it was $749 and all the retail stores have it listed at $899 but are not available till the end of next month. Just wondering if this problem going to get worse over time? I wasn't really happy with some of the binding it was really ruff but I can fix that. It sounds awesome and plays really good after I made a few adjustments to the Kahler tremelo. My friend owns a guitar shop and has a 2008 Jackson King V KV2 for $1,299 this guitar is in awesome shape looks amazing. But I have played Kahler tremel's for so long Floyd's are not something I'm used to and not very comfortable with. I need some help making my mind up on keeping this JH600 or sned it back and get the Jackson. I have 2 other guitars a 83' RR Jackson #0202 and a 81' Custom Gibson Les Paul. If I get a new JH600 it will be an extra $150 + tax so awwww I don't know what to do suggestions and thoughts would be appreciated thanks. O k in the pics you can see where 2 of the frets are slightly coming out on the edgae next to the binding and also see on the side of the frets the wood started to chip so what do you guys think?? need some fast imput I need to ship this thing by today. thanks again
Attachments:
02 resized 2.jpg
97 resized 222.jpg
IMG_7291 4.jpg
Last edited by shredspillers at May 30, 2011,
I'd send it back, it may be a nice guitar but you did not get your moneys worth out of it. Not that this can't be repaired, its just that you paid almost full price for something that wasn't worth full price.

I don't know how experienced you are in fixing guitars yourself, but I'd be pretty upset if I bought a new guitar and then I had to pay someone to fix it almost right away.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
tell me what you would do need some help making up my mind to keep it or send it back urgent suggestions please thanks so much
yea I am pretty good with guitars. But I hear what your saying it was $150 less than what they are going for but I'm also thinking on getting the Jackson instead or get another NEW JH600 but this time from a retail store. I probably will never get another guitar off ebay. to scary.. yea I need to make up my mind in a few hrs so I can send it on its way or not. but what you said I agree with 100% thanks bro
Send it back.

Doesn't even look like a $750 guitar. I've seen Agiles at half the cost with better fret jobs.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
yea right you know I don't know much about ESP LTD guitars I was wondering if this is normal for the LTD line? My RR Jackson and Custom less Paul are flawless. I know they are more expensive and nicer guitars but the craftsmanship on this JH600 on this guitar are horrible the bindings look like crap and the frets and finger board bad also I was so disappointed when this thing got here thanks yea I am leaning towards sending it back now this is unacceptable
Quote by BobDetroit
It's a piece of crap. Send it back.

it looks like a piece of crap to me also the more I think about it the more mad I get about this guitar it's a total lemon
another thing that really sucks about all of this is I also bought a new ESP case for this guitar I'll have to sell the case unless I get another ESP guitar. This wasn't a great experience ofr me at all I was so excited about getting this guitar nobody else had one that I could find all retailers won't have one till the end of next month. I don't think I will get another ESP who knows?
Quote by BobDetroit
It's a piece of crap. Send it back.

+1

if you've only bought the case recently you might be able to send it back to, assuming you have distance selling regulations (or something similar) where you live.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's nice to be able to get great feed back from other guitar players. lol I spend almost all day in my little recording studio at home playing my guitars so this really helps me out alot thanks for input the more the better shred on!!
well as of yesterday I sent the ESP LTD JH600 back and I feel a little relief. But that thing really did have a awesome sound playing through my Peavey Triple XXX Super 40 EFX amp. And sounded ever better through my little Boss JS-8 eBand w/built-in GT-10 FX's. Tomorrow I think I am going to go try out a 2008 Jackson King V KV2 and see how it plays & sounds. I just want something with a thinner neck my 83' RR Jackson I have now the neck is really thick. That JH600 neck was sweet. But the binding and the fret ends were just so damn sharp and ruff. You figure a guitar that retails for just under $1,300 they would have it finished better than that. But man let me say that JH600 is a mean metal sounding machine the tone on that thing with the EMG's is a sound I won't settle for anything less. well the hunt for the right tone continues. thanks to all you guys that commented on here. You guys really opened my eyes about how horrible it was made. I really want to try more ESP's and suggestions for a killer metal sounding guitar no more LTD's for me though. thanks again
I LOVE my Epiphone Prophecy. Its not a Gibson but its one of the highest end Epiphones available.

There are some really crappy Epi's and some really good ones, you should check some out.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by shredspillers
I really want to try more ESP's and suggestions for a killer metal sounding guitar no more LTD's for me though. thanks again

Just stay away from signature LTD's. You are buying a cheaper guitar with someone's name on it which drives the price up. You can get a very nice LTD in that price range for what you are looking for. I've always liked the king V's too. Good luck on your search.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Well its teh same with any guitars, you can find awesome ones and you can find shit ones. I own a JH600 myself. It's not great for myself but i can understand why someone would want to buy it as a signature model. Its extreme high gain soloist/horizon style guitar with a kahler bridge. Like the gain is so much more than my MH400 (A considerable amount even when amp is on clean its distorting until I turn the pickups down) But hey... some players want hot pickups

The fretwork on the guitar you got is shithouse, mine was pretty amazing with no flaws and plays a hell of alot better than an ESP Eclipse II I played and then alot better than my MH400 which neither guitars had any noticable flaws.

I strongly standby trying before I buy... otherwise this ends up happening here and there.
Given that frets were popping out all over the board I think it was probably just a freaky piece of wood that expanded and contracted unevenly during shipping as opposed to bad fretwork. This kind of stuff happens with things made of wood and shouldn't really reflect as typical of ESP products.
thanks I never really looked at ESP guitars before and I wasn't sure if this was sort of the normal way LTD's came from factory or not. I was a little sad seeing it go though. But as much as I would like to get another one I don't think I will.

tofuhead: I'm curious on how your JH600 binding and fret ends were is yours pretty smooth on the edge running run hand up and down the neck? Mine really needed to be filed and could also use some 3M micro fiber sand paper to get the binding sharp and ruff edge off. Man hearing you talk about that guitar playing better than the ESP Eclispe II makes me want another JH600. hmmm I just kept wanting to play the JH600 even more than my USA 83' RR Jackson because it just had a different tone control and it sounded I know I have said it before but it sounded awesome. a little more dirty sounding than my Jackson and I have ZW Set EMG's on it. loved the feel of the neck. but I will say it wasn't as easy to play as my Custom Les Paul and Jackson just to bad the frets and fret board was all screwed up. Yea I was thinking that maybe something got on the side of that JH600 that made the frets to start coming out. Thats what I was thinking when I looked at it. awwww but still bad binding it was just a badly made guitar
That's pretty much why I don't use ebay. Next time go to your nearest guitar shop and get it there.
Quote by SuperJew66
That's pretty much why I don't use ebay. Next time go to your nearest guitar shop and get it there.

yes I definately agree with you about that. I will never buy a guitar on ebay again. You really never know what you will get. I know they aren't all bad like the one I got but if I was just starting to play at it was my 1st guitar I probably would've never known about the flaws. And I'm sure it happens all the time on ebay. Alot of ebay is just a place to dump something off and get it sold as fast as possible. I was very hesitant buy a guitar on ebay and it was the 1st guitar I ever got from ebay.
I wouldn't say never buy off eBay. You can find some pretty cool stuff on eBay. I think I'd be more inclined to buy a used guitar off eBay than a new one "never opened/played, in the box," just because that new guitar could be in shit condition right out of the box.

At least a used guitar usually has some history, and a person that played it before behind it.

When you see a "new" guitar, make sure the description says something about the guitar being inspected before being shipped. That way, if you were to get a lemon, you'd have a reason to question the integrity of guitar seller.

Tom1.0 is a guy on here that has bought many guitars off eBay, and he always seems to get good deals.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I wouldn't say never buy off eBay. You can find some pretty cool stuff on eBay. I think I'd be more inclined to buy a used guitar off eBay than a new one "never opened/played, in the box," just because that new guitar could be in shit condition right out of the box.

At least a used guitar usually has some history, and a person that played it before behind it.

When you see a "new" guitar, make sure the description says something about the guitar being inspected before being shipped. That way, if you were to get a lemon, you'd have a reason to question the integrity of guitar seller.

Tom1.0 is a guy on here that has bought many guitars off eBay, and he always seems to get good deals.

while I was typing what I said about not buying from ebay ever again. I was thinking pretty much the same thing your saying. I guess I still have the bad memory of being so excited getting a new guitar only to be totally let down after doing a good inspection of the guitar before I even tried playing it, I did a very thorough look over every inch. And then after I say the damaged fret board from the frets coming out I did a total new set-up after stripping the guitar all the way down and after I put it all back together and made all the necessary adjustments to the way I like them. I finally played the guitar. But it took me about 1hr just to get myself to even think about if I even wanted to set it all up and try it. So I think after all of the excitement and then seeing all the flaws and having to set it all up just to send it back has just left me with a bad experience on ebay. I even asked the guy why he was selling it $150 cheaper than all the retailers? And I said is this a B-STOCK guitar he said no its not a B-STOCK guitar and he then said it has no flaws on it. He did say it was unopened box never played. I do believe it was never played, all you have to do is look at where the pinky finger rest's on the body of the guitar and this guitar doesn't have a pick guard so its even easier to tell if it was played before, you can see little scratch marks if it's been played. And the paint was none scratched in perfect condition. And the box lifted right off the tape had already been cut. So only the seller knew if it was a flawed guitar or not. Maybe he never saw the flaws who knows. I do know ebay does have some really nice guitars on there. Unfortunately my 1st guitar purchase was a bad one. I bought my 81' Gibson Les Paul Custom in 81' it was only 6 months old when I bought it. And I got my 83' RR Jackson in 98' and I still have them both and I would never sell either one ever. So it's not like I buy guitars often. But when someone does buy a guitar the whole experience of the before and after is very exciting. Most people with or with out guitar experience will do alot of research before buying the guitar they want. I did my home work for 3 months on the JH600 and couldn't find anything bad about it at all. Besides the Kahler or Floyd Rose thing. But one of the main things I liked about this guitar was that it had a Kahler. If I were to get another JH600 I will put a Kahler 2315 Pro series on it right away. ok awww I'm all typed out for the moment. thanks everyone for the advise and giving me your thoughts. its been a huge help for me thanks I freak'n loved the way that JH600 sounded!!!! it was a screamer!! I think I might get another one... or maybe a ESP not LTD awwww can't decide if I find one that sounded better than the JH600 I will be sold. has anyone have a comparison with the JH600 to other ESP guitars?