I have a reverse picking hand (as I was told) and it leads to me having trouble getting pinch harmonics...I know HOW, i just dont know how to with a reverse picking hand (ala Marty Friedman)

help??
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
If your only doing upstroke, then the solution is spending a couple weeks learning alternate picking, and then moving to pinch harmonics.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Post a pick of your picking hand, no one knows what you're on about right now.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.

My picking hand looks like that, and I pick with downstrokes and upstrokes (primarily downstrokes) but I don't know how to hit pinch harmonics with my hand in that position
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Quote by kandex

My picking hand looks like that, and I pick with downstrokes and upstrokes (primarily downstrokes) but I don't know how to hit pinch harmonics with my hand in that position

Frankly, you're not going to hit pinches like that, Friedman himself doesn't use that kind of picking all the time either.

I would recommend that you just change your picking, there is nothing to recommend the way he picks. At all.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well you will have to change something, you could do upstrokes and use part of your index finger which can work but its not as good to me, probably because I never do it.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12