It's that time for me, getting a new amp. Out with the 10+ year old Fender Frontman Reverb 15w that has no extra features and is near breaking, and in with a new amp. I have looked and researched and found that the Peavey Vypyr is the best for my needs. I have a question though: I am not a beginner, but nor am I in a band, I need an amp to play QUIETLY without disturbing my family. So I am pretty sure a 15 Watt is all I need, but everywhere I go I see that it says 15 watts are for beginners, is it really worth spending 100$ more for the 30 watt that i probably couldn't turn up to 1 and a half?
The larger cab and bigger speaker of the 30 can give you a better tone without turning it up. The 30 also has a bunch of stompbox models missing from the 15. The 30 can use the Sampera pedal. Overall, the answer is maybe it's worth it.
yeah... on a lot of those beginner amps it's not simply a question of volume... a lot of the higher wattage ones have more features and stuff and may be worth the extra.

Of course, the very high wattage ones tend to be a waste of money as for the same price you can often get a tube amp which'll sound way better.

But there's often an optimum point where you get the most features combined with the best value for money...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Do you want the extra features??? If yes, then get the 30w, if not then 15w

@fly135, don't forget the sanpera is almost the price of the amp itself
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Well he could just buy a multifx and continue using the Fender. At low volume it should be fine.
Quote by fly135
Well he could just buy a multifx and continue using the Fender. At low volume it should be fine.

You do have a point. TS, this might be worth considering. The frontman isn't a bad amp and for $100-200 you can get a pretty good FX pedal that will last forever.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Alright thank y'all.
I do agree that the Frontman isn't bad, mine just is having troubles and I think that there's a wire or two that are freying and i really don't r-feel like messing with that crap