A simple improv over a 2-5-1 progression. This is the first time I've thought about the licks a little before playing, so go easy on me, eh? The track's name is 'plateau' on my profile.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/hitman_47

Leave me a link to the music you'd like me check out.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Reminds me of some Pink Floyd progression wise, the underlying chords and the bass was a real nice touch. Diggin the Gilmour-esque licks. Tone is also great and again very Gilmour-esque. It's a little repetitive because of the repeating progression, I'd break off into another one just to break up the pace. Very nice overall, pretty relaxing. I'd suggest putting in some drums and some more parts that might follow a verse(your progression), verse, chorus (another progression), etc just to make it feel more like an actual song. Good job I would say, keep it up.
like it alot man...very hendrixy(in a jazzy new age kinda way)and i mean that as a compliment......nice dreamy laid back kinda tone and some nice compelling lines in there.sometimes the best progressions and songs come from the basic 2-5-1 format....this, what you did,is very tasty

crit a couple of mine if you could

there's the spanish ballad sample and any other one of your choice

they are all in my profile
there were some nice licks in there. i like the tone u have for the lead. for what it was that was a good improv. a suggestion would be to work on youre phrasing more, make them more distinct whenever the progression repeats, that way it sounds more like a solo and less like scale licks

C4C? check out my prog metal instrumental
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446935
Pretty cool! Nice smooth feel. I would lower the volume of the click or whatever it is. It may just be my laptop speakers but it sounds a little too dominant in the mix.

Nice licks though. You followed the chords pretty well but I think you could expand beyond the typical 4 you find in the chord.

Your playing is solid as well. Great job!
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
What can I say? I love this little piece

I could definitely see myself throwing this on when I am kicking back and trying to unwind

The chords and the lead intermingle really well

I love that tone

All in all, a sweet little emotional piece.

I could picture you producing some kick ass reggae rock. Have you ever considered it?
-
Thank you guys for the great crits! This is the first time I've thought about some of the licks before improvising on a track so I thought I'd keep it simple and stick to a 2-5-1 progression. And, @bitterend I like reggae rock man! I'd love to do something like that in the near future.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

I don't know a real lot about jazz, however, I can say that I really enjoyed this. It really put me into a feel-good mood.

To be honest, I kind of imagined eating dinner in a really classy restaurant with someone in the middle of the room playing this.

My best description is just "Classy".

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1446426
"This nightmare's gonna break me.
Please, Daylight, save me..."
this was great, very smooth and calm feel to it. great tone and licks, sounds like something you can add that ocean sound to the background and it would fit perfectly. keep up the good work!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Warned for having the wrong opinion.