Hello all UG members. I have this rather ambitious idea to create a massive, swirling story-like instrumental song involving quite a few instruments such as:

-Guitars(emphasis on the plural)
-Violin
-Cello
-Piano
-Drums
-Keyboard/Synthesizer
-Flute
-Bagpipes
-Harp

...among other instruments. Any interest in filling out some of these parts or any questions, just ask, i'll be happy to answer. Thanks!
That's a Bingo!!! Is that the way you say it? "Thats's a bingo?"

-Cols. Hans Landa AKA The Jew Hunter,
Inglourious Basterds
Bagpipes sound like ass. I'm allowed to say that because I'm Scottish.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
To sift through these posts:

-No, it isn't going to morph into a blob of solos, but rather a combination of instrumental parts with some intermingled "vocal" instrument solos
-Say what you will, it would be worked into the project possibly. But I will not change opinions
-I have written out a general summary of the project on paper and I could send that to you, but the gist of it is a story behind two friends who meet each other, grow close, get mad at each other and don't see each other for a while, and then finally meet each other again with sort of nice feelings. As for genre, it will morph from Celtic and Medieval English style music to a hybrid of that until it builds to a more modern style with more rock elements. Then it builds harder to a more spacey-rock style with a lot of ambience, to which it is suddenly stopped and slowed to what it was at the start with a distorted and echo feel to it. Finally, the song will move to a more somber version of the beginning till the parts intertwine slightly and then they split off, it fades, song ends.

Inglourious Basterds
Well it sounds like you know exactly what you want out of the project, so why get the internet involved? Seriously, none of these guys know precisely what you want and I can almost guarantee you and your anonymous cohorts will be at each other's throats. Why not try to coordinate with some close friends of yours, who will likely have a better idea of what shooting for?

Just my two cents, mate.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
It sounds like a very interesting project, but I don't think you should colaborate with people online. Online projects very rarely, if ever work out. Trust me, I've been involved in a few, and it just doesn't work.

If you have a close friend with any sort of musical ability, then work with them, if possible. You'll be able to communicate your ideas better, creating a better end product. Plus, time managing with someone who's in a completely different timezone to you is a real bitch.

Goodluck
why don't you learn the technique of orchestration and write it all yourself?
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Good suggestions everyone. i just have to start begging some orchestra peeps i know... sounds like fun!

Inglourious Basterds