Page 1 of 2
Hi pit

I just had a weird question come up to my mind

do people tend to prefer to couple with people with people of their same intelligence? And yeah, intelligence can be a measure of IQ or something similar.

Now, let me clarify something. In that discovery channel thing they said that you tend to get more interest on forming a relationship with people of your same sex appeal. So if in a scale of 1-10 im a 7, even if i think the 10 girl is hotter, id more likely be interested in the 7 girl.

But when it comes to the actual non-physical attraction factor, do you think people tend to prefer people of their same intelligence?

Just look at how no dumb girls are interested in nerd guys and how no dumb guys are interested in nerd girls
My girlfriend's doing a double degree in law. I think dick jokes are funny.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by ikitson

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Of course it's true. People don't want to be with an idiot for obvious reasons, but they don't want to feel out of their league with an incredibly smart person either.
PM me for newts
i go by the size of the IQ of tits. usually the IQ of tits are based around how big they are. the bigger the better :P
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
I'd say it depends on what kind of relationship you want. If you want something serious, them I'm sure you would look for someone with a similar level of intelligence (at least I would). Now if you just want to have a casual thing (or sex) I think the dumber the better???
i suppose, but i don't like a relationship based on 1upmanship.
Quote by el rulfo
I'd say it depends on what kind of relationship you want. If you want something serious, them I'm sure you would look for someone with a similar level of intelligence (at least I would). Now if you just want to have a casual thing (or sex) I think the dumber the better???

that's exactly what i mean, if it is a one-night thing the dumber the better, but if it is something serious then there goes my point
I prefer people who are equal in intelligence or smarter than me because at least I can learn something from them.
cat
I would absolutely love to be in a relationship with a woman smarter than me. But I'm not going to lie, only if she is also physically attractive. And I am a bit picky. Luckily for me, I'm not one of those guys that is in constant need of a relationship.
We're only strays.
My ex was dumb as a ****ing rock, but she liked to pretend she was a genius. She was sweet though, so I guess it evens out.

EDIT: I get most of my 'inteligent conversation' from my equally as geeky friends, so it doesn't particularly bother me too much if a girl isn't as smart as me.
Last edited by JetPackBlues at May 30, 2011,
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I'm doing a masters in law. dick jokes ARE funny.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
If a woman comes off as stupid to me I can barely even hold a conversation with her. Intelligence is the first thing I attempt to pick up about a woman when I start a conversation, and saying something insanely stupid will make me walk away.
I Like Green!
If I'm happy I couldn't give a crap. Somehow I think I wouldn't last with a dumb bitch though. My ex was a feminist vegetarian who is studying politics and law. A tad slow on the humour though. Also easy to wind up, devil's advocate was great fun
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I'm doing a masters in law. dick jokes ARE funny.

Thank fuck for that.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I still laugh at the word "duty". That being said, I prefer a girl to be smart. I'm smart, and have problems talking to people who are actually stupid. No amount of hotness can change my need for intellectual conversations.
I'd image I'd prefer someone of equal or greater intelligience, simply because we could have interesting conversations or I could learn something from her. Smart is nice, but I think what I'd really like is a like-minded person.
My ex was dumb. My new love interest bedazzles me. See where this is going?
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
I prefer smart people. But some smart people are just book smart and aren't really "down to earth." So I look for people who are smart in a down to earth kind of way.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I don't know if it's so much about smartness as it is about like-mindedness. Someone can be at my level of intelligence or higher and he wouldn't click with me if we were on completely different wavelengths. The main reason I'm into the guy I am right now is because he thinks almost exactly like I do. We like familiarity and feeling like we're understood.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by Flagon
My ex was dumb. My new love interest bedazzles me. See where this is going?

Dumet.
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
I won't even try for an intelligent girlfriend. I've literally never met a girl (or guy for that matter) my age in my town whose intelligence is greater than mine.

That's not even complimenting myself. All the people here are ridiculously stupid.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
In the past I've gone out with people who were not as academically inclined, or as intelligent, as me (without meaning to sound harsh...I really can't think of a simpler way to put it). However, they were much more socially well adapted than me, so who's to say that's a bad thing?

My current boyfriend is very, very clever. He's scarily good at maths and anything related to computers, and not bad at lots of other stuff. We're good at different things, but our areas of interest overlap here and there.

But he is vastly more intelligent than anyone else I've ever been out with, and it's also the longest relationship I've ever had (just over 4 years now). Make of that what you will.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
To me, there are two types of dumb, one is dumb in a boring kind of way, and the other is dumb in a kind of interesting and funny way, the main factor that divides the two is how hot the girl is.

No, in all seriousness, if a girl is out and out stupid, then i find it hard to be attracted to her, but to be honest, i wouldn't really judge her too much based on what she is studying or has studied, it is more about if she comes across as intelligent or interesting. So i do find myself going for girls more on my wavelength, but all too often end up scuppering my chances one way or another, but that is a different matter.

EDIT: However, having said this, there is a brilliant Dylan Moran quote that i have found to be true-

"New couples are strange things; they are a single organism made of two halves, with the total intelligence measuring out the half of that of the most intelligent part."
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at May 31, 2011,
My last boyfriend was socially stupid, he didn't (and I'm sure still doesnt) know how to act around people. He has a degree and all, but he always just came across as a bit dim to me. I couldn't help but look down on him slightly. I feel quite evenly matched with my current boyfriend
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
It's weird because all of the girls I've been atracted to seemingly have no common sense. They may be relatively smart academically, but the fact they can't put 2 and 2 together before asking a question makes them seem somewhat dim.
Then again I see past that because I know they're actually pretty bright if they put their mind to it.

I'm not exactly the most intelligent person in the world but I do know I'm more intelligent than my exes (trying to say that without sounding like a dick is impossible) so I'd say as long as the difference in intelligence isn't a chasm it won't make that much difference.
In my opinion, smarts *is* sexy :P I see dozens of allegedly hot girls at school, they are labelled as hot girls, everyone refers to them as hot girls, but I can't get over how incredibly unattractive they are :S On the flip side, girls who aren't labelled as especially attractive, I generally find so, if they're clever. Go figure
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by rocker222
i go by the size of the IQ of tits. usually the IQ of tits are based around how big they are. the bigger the better :P
Sometimes, honesty shows such things.

Always try to find someone who is much smarter than yourself, so when you aspire to be smarter you are in company. Or, if you never decide to further your wisdom you can avoid doing stuff by faking such stupidity. You don't know where anything is. You're asked to do something, mess it up and your a genius at work. Because you don't want to do it, and you know someone will be coming soon to stop you from doing it.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
I guess overall I am more attracted to intelligent people.

I was wasting time round the flat of an ex the other day and we started chatting about Wittgenstein and logical positivism and stuff and even though she's put on weight I wanted her back just for a moment
Last edited by smb at May 31, 2011,
I dont think anybody would want a completely stupid partner. Obviously people will be more attracted to intelligence.
My girl's going to college to be a doctor and i was accepted into Belmont (to poor to go though) so we're both around the same IQ (if anything she's smarter than me). i want my girl to be smart, i can't stand stupid people NO MATTER how attractive they are.
I personally prefer extremely intelligent, someone who i can debate and be challenged by, and to challenge. My relationship history doesn't dictate that however Not my fault!

The only girls that i've felt were close to the same level were both none single girls that did nothing but use me And another thing;

Both of them gave me a 9/10 for looks and said they'd give me a 10 for personality if i'd of allowed them Who gets a 10 for personality seriously? -.- Anyway, who the hell tells a person that to then reject them. IT BLOWS THE ****ING MIND
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Spartan101400
All of my past relationships have ended because they say that I'm "Over their head."

should aim a little better
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by actaderock
Hi pit

I just had a weird question come up to my mind

do people tend to prefer to couple with people with people of their same intelligence? And yeah, intelligence can be a measure of IQ or something similar.

Now, let me clarify something. In that discovery channel thing they said that you tend to get more interest on forming a relationship with people of your same sex appeal. So if in a scale of 1-10 im a 7, even if i think the 10 girl is hotter, id more likely be interested in the 7 girl.

But when it comes to the actual non-physical attraction factor, do you think people tend to prefer people of their same intelligence?

Just look at how no dumb girls are interested in nerd guys and how no dumb guys are interested in nerd girls

People who are intelligent and strive for intelligence are nerds since when?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Page 1 of 2