Hey there,

I recently purchased an Sx Furrian Tele Copy. I need some technical help so I dont just waste money on something that will not help my problem. Im new to telecasters and did some research regarding my issue which is Bridge and Neck Pickup Hum. Middle position is dead quiet and very warm which I fell in love with quickly, but, I want to be able to use all three positions and have them all be relatively quiet. I want the tele twang in the bridge without a ton of noise. The stock pickups are cheap ceramics. Will a set of Alnicos for GFS help quiet this thing down? Do I need to buy some copper sheilding and install under pickguard? Is this just the nature of a tele or can it be helped? Any help would be fantastic. Thanks a ton!
What you're hearing is mostly just the nature of single coil pickups sadly. You can fix some of it by doing as you had thought, either buying potted pups, or shielding the cavities inside to lower the hum a bit. It'll never go COMPLETELY away though, unless you fork out the cash for noiseless pups.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Not a problem

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I feel your pain, my new strat is sooo annoying. I think a proper set up will help and I read the weirdest tip, clip a piece of wire onto your bridge and tuck the other end into your pants, so that its touching your skin. Sounds absurd but I'm desperate enough to try it soon. I've had a strat before so I'm familiar with the buzz but the one I just got is unplayable at loud volumes. There is hope though.
Quote by lucky1978
I read the weirdest tip, clip a piece of wire onto your bridge and tuck the other end into your pants, so that its touching your skin. Sounds absurd but I'm desperate enough to try it soon.

Ummm...Ok? Lol..Serious?
All that does is ground out the guitar to your crotch

I seriously doubt that'd work, as its already grounded by the bridge , but hey, worth a shot

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance