A friend of mine got a Washburn from his dad and wanted to find out something about it. Heres a pic...

image hosting

There are no markings other than Washburn on the headstock. There is an inscription under the back cover that says Sheila Frances H.... Huddersfield, Yorkshire.

I figured that was a previous owners ID .

Any info would be great, thanks.
is it a neck through model? it looks like one from the 80s.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Does neck through mean its built into the body? If so yes the neck goes all the way to the bridge end, 2 halves of the body attached on either side.

Ive been trying to get on the washburn forum, my friend wants to know if its worth anything.
it's a high quality guitar. it was probably $600-1000 when it was new.

now? hard to say, it's not a high demand guitar. i'm sure someone would want it on the washburn forums if nobody here did.
Can you provide me any info on it? I have no idea of the model or year pickups etc..
It's a Falcon

EDIT to add: It's a Matsumoku guitar, possibly with DiMarzio or Gotoh pickups
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Last edited by ecvMatt at May 31, 2011,
looks like an Hawk Wing or Wing Falcon. they had weird names, everyone was all bird happy.
Ok cool thats a start, I still can't get on the washburn forums I cant even send them an email but anyway I can atleast do some research now.

Thanks very much!

EDIT - From all the pictures I have been looking at I don't see any with the 2 additional toggle switches that are in my original picture, I don't even know what they do. Could they have been added later or perhaps they made a model like that?
Last edited by BFI at May 31, 2011,
They are probably coil taps, added after purchase sometime.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.