Poll: What pedal should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: What pedal should I get?
Wah
26 79%
Talk Box
5 15%
Other (explain)
2 6%
Voters: 33.
Its time to expand my effects. I have a POD 2.0 which is great for me because I don't gig. But I eventually I am planning to sell that and get some pedals (although a friends dad who used to be in a band for 40 years told me if I ever sell the pod to get a high quality similar thing, but thats not soon)
Basically I can't decide if I want to get a wah pedal or a talkbox (or any other effect for that matter, I just can't imagine what else)

Your opinions? Advice?

I have a Les Paul and play literally every genre on it but I am nearly done building a seven string guitar so I will probably be playing a lot of metal in the next couple months.
talk box has a very defined sound but theyre so bad ass... go with it
Where's Waldo?
I've got the Rocktron Banshee talkbox, if your gonna get one get it. However the novelty wears off very quickly. if you wanna play more metal get the wah, you'll get more use out of it
Quote by nathan:-)
I've got the Rocktron Banshee talkbox, if your gonna get one get it. However the novelty wears off very quickly. if you wanna play more metal get the wah, you'll get more use out of it

same here.
the talkbox is awesome, but the novelty does wear off after a few months.
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3
talk box, wahs are common and used a lot, I dont think many people have a talk box and they are awesome, get one and test it out for us!
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Talkbox for what? So you can play living on a prayer?
You can use a wah for anything, and you dont need to rehearse with it. There aren't many people who can improvise with a talk box, mainly because nobody uses them.
Thanks for the advice i'll probably get the wah because of its usefulness, but I can guarantee I will have a talkbox in 1 year

edit: Dmaj7 - I was thinking more along the lines of peter frampton, not that I could play like him any time soon
Last edited by purple37 at Jun 1, 2011,
im voting talkbox because its like a wah pedal that you can controll with your mouth and you can make your guitar sound MUCH more vocal and gives you more range in frequencies
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by darkwolf291
And costs more because you have to buy a mic and PA system to play it with.

and?

cant u run it through an effects chain?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
and?

cant u run it through an effects chain?

You can, but you still need a mic and PA to pick up and amplify the sound coming from the tube.
The Danelectro Free Speech has a built in mic, so you don't need a PA and Mic for it, but that's one of the only ones I've seen like that.
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Jun 1, 2011,