hey im sorta of a begginer but i can play emily by from first to last and time of your life by greenday and was wondering if anyone could please help me with giving me easy to play songs i am also willing to try a couple hard ones just for a challenge, bu they have to be acoustic
The first song I learnt on acoustic was Hey There Delilah by The Plain White T's.
Some of the chords might be a bit tough though.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Swing Life Away by Rise Against might be good. Chord shapes are pretty easy. If you want something kind of challenging, try 1 2 3 4 by The Plain White Ts or The Light and The Glass by Coheed and Cambria.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
"Don't Fear the Reaper," by Blue Oyster Cult. Yes, it's played on electric, but it sounds great on acoustic as well.

Also:
"Take a Picture" by Filter
"I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie
"No Such Thing" by John Mayer, if you want to learn some really weird chords
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Visit http://www.totallyguitars.com/, you'll see "Free Lessons" on the left side. On there you can find a bunch of diffrent video lessons all acoustic. The more in-depth lessons require a paid membership though and the prices are a bit high but Neil is a good teacher and there's tons of stuff I like.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Last kiss - pearl jam, (same chords as time of your life I believe)

More than words - extreme (I actually hate this song, but I do like the guitar part. It will be more of a challenge if you try to get the slapping/palm muting down. Pretty easy chords except there is a Bm barre chord in the bridge)
You could possibly try a couple of these.

Take It Easy - The Eagles
Have You Ever Seen The Rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Tom Petty - Free Falling (Capo may be needed)