So, I've been getting very, very into touch style as of late, but the playability of that style on my Taylor just isn't really there. I know there must be specialty brands for such players out there, but I'm not too knowledgeable in the ways of acoustic manufacturers.

So, with a budget of $700 USD, which company/model do you think would be the most playable for touch style?
i am not sure what you mean by "touch style". can you explain?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
first i thought he meant tapping, then i thought maybe he meant finger style.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
For tapping, ideally the guitar should be set up with the lowest possible action, which makes playing the instrument normally a bit problematic.
Stanley Jordan (who plays with both hands tapping much in the manner of a keyboard player) sets his guitars up so that they are nearly un-playable in a normal manner.
Quote by Bikewer
For tapping, ideally the guitar should be set up with the lowest possible action, which makes playing the instrument normally a bit problematic.
Stanley Jordan (who plays with both hands tapping much in the manner of a keyboard player) sets his guitars up so that they are nearly un-playable in a normal manner.

On the other hand, Michael Hedges played a beat up D-28 with a regular setup for tapping and all kinds of picking, though he used his own alternate tunings.
That touch/tapping stuff is unbelievable. Of all the styles of guitar I've seen and played I find that to be among the most beautiful.
my husband does a lot of tapping - he uses his regular guitars. we both use low action and extra light strings, which might help. i haven't noticed that any of his guitars are better or worse for tapping - he has all sorts of them and they all seem to work fine.
Quote by Skeet UK
Jordan approaches the guitar like a keyboard...Not surprising since he started training as a keyboard artist.
Although he and other artists produce some remarkable results playing like this, to me it's not very....Guitar-y... If that makes sense.
You lose a lot of the dynamics of the styles that have been developed for the guitar.
That being said, Jordan's version of "Elanor Rigby" really knocked me out when I first heard it.