I didn't know where to put this, so I just threw it on here.

I'm looking for samples of Bass Drops that I could edit and make my own to use in my music. I've found a few already, but I need something that would be easier to use in Metal/Hardcore type music.

Help?
Bass Drops?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Bad idea, it will sound like shit. I work regularly with samples and sampling things like that never sound good. Unless, we're thinking of two separate things.
Last edited by NothingRocks at May 30, 2011,
Quote by yoimer06
I didn't know where to put this, so I just threw it on here.

I'm looking for samples of Bass Drops that I could edit and make my own to use in my music. I've found a few already, but I need something that would be easier to use in Metal/Hardcore type music.

Help?

So you want to make shit like Asking Alexandria?

God help you.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
What does Asking Alexandria have to do with this? Lots of bands use bass drops.
I use Frooty Loops to do mine, it's quite easy if you do a quick youtube search.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
So you want to make shit like Asking Alexandria?

God help you.

Way to assume.

I was thinking more like Oceano, All Shall Perish, Born Of Osiris, Periphery, or The Ghost Inside.
Quote by yoimer06
Way to assume.

I was thinking more like Oceano, All Shall Perish, Born Of Osiris, Periphery, or The Ghost Inside.

Same thing.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
do you mean an 808 sub kick? I downloaded a pack of 808 samples for one of my first electronic tunes, if you cant find any pm me, ill send one
womp womp womp womp bidrooooooooooooo nntss nnntss ntsss nntss
Quote by RPGoof

I'm wearing my awesome headphones, and playing these gives me a very tickly sensation in my ears.

Brilliant.
Quote by RPGoof

wow, this is absolutely terrible.

How is it different from asking alexandria/bring me the horizon/attack attack?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Freesound.org has a lot of them. But you can make your own by just taking a sine wave and sweeping from a low note to the very very bottom of the audio range. That's your basic bass drop. A lot of them are sampled from 808 kicks, although they're often processed heavily.

All you need is a synth VST that'll make a sine or triangle wave (virtually all of them), and just set it up so the ADSR's controlling the pitch as well as the volume. Give it a nice long release time.
Last edited by Holy Katana at May 31, 2011,
Hey guys I don't mean to thread jack, but i'm writing some post-rock shtuff and I wanted to know where or how to create some ambient techno stuff in the background? How do I go about it?

Cheers brus.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by N_J_B_B
Hey guys I don't mean to thread jack, but i'm writing some post-rock shtuff and I wanted to know where or how to create some ambient techno stuff in the background? How do I go about it?

Cheers brus.

Ask in this thread.

Electronic Music Thread
Not dubstep or anything like that. Listen to like The Ghost Inside's new album, there's a ton of sick breakdowns with bass drops in there.
Quote by Cb4rabid
Aren't they called gravity blasts?
A gravity blast is a form of a blast beat. Which is a drum technique.