i'm not talking about leaving your guitar in the car. I'm only talking about solid state amps, tube amps, PA speakers, cords, and mixers. I know there is a chance people will steal your stuff but i'm not worried about that. I live in in Colorado and it would only be for 3 months in the summer. any help would greatly be appreciated.
What part of Colorado do you live in? I could use some new gear.

Other than I'd bet it will get stolen, I wouldn't want to take the risk that a bit too high humidity and heat will destroy something. But realistically, if a car stereo can survive it, so can your amp.
It's ok, but I would never leave my gear in a car for 3 months. Can't you stash it at a friend/family member's house?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by IbanezBossShred

Other than I'd bet it will get stolen, I wouldn't want to take the risk that a bit too high humidity and heat will destroy something. But realistically, if a car stereo can survive it, so can your amp.
Yeah. I do this all the time. I live in Georgia. It's hot. Really hot. My amp and pedalboard are fine. ...My xbox, not to much. I kinda asked for it with that one though. The motherboard probably warped in the heat...
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by IbanezBossShred

thanks for the info. but there is practically no humidity in colorado so i'm wondering how that could be a problem?
Not really speaking of the humidity in the air, as much as in a leaky car. Put a half gallon of water in an open bowl, stick it in the car in mid July, Close car. Watch it rain. Anyway, just be careful of theft and all will be fine.
I live in colorado do
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
sorry it's late. i'm stupid. I'm going to put tarps on everything. thank you so much it's good to get info from someone in colorado. do you think it could get so hot that the plastic would melt? i live in the high rockies so it never really get above 70 degrees so i don't think so.
If the plastic is in the line of direct sunlight, yes it can do damage. Remember, inside a closed car, the temp. can be 30-50 degrees higher. Keep the items covered, do not rely on a car cover, they can be ripped off by wind, last few days here is testimony to that. Cover them up, inside the car. Mountains, yup, that helps.
Agreed. I stored a mackie monitor in my car for a month or so and it was fine. I live in Denver, btw.... oh and a shameless plug... if you guys are in the mood for live music my band is playing this Friday at Herman's Hideaway (just south of downtown off i25 and Broadway)
Well, as someone already mentioned, your main concern should be crooks. Someone I know who is in a band left the whole band's entire amp/PA system in their van for a couple of days. It was gone and no one ever heard of the amps again. Sucked for them.

I'd say learn from others' mistakes.