I just made a longboard and the wheel cutouts I made must have been too thin because there are stress cracks in the corners. What do you think I should do?
Is it still ride-able?
Is it repairable?
Should I scrap it?

Here is what the cracks are like:

The cracks are very, very small but open up a little when I bounce on the deck or turn.

Also, do you think making the "heads" shorter and wider will stop cracks from happening on a new shlongboard?
Last edited by Uber_Kitty at May 31, 2011,
you can probaly ride it but expect it to break one of these days

and yes making it shorter and wider would make the new long board more likely to resist cracks
What do we look like? Silverfish? Go there homedawg, you'll get many more, better educated answers.

In my opinion, you made the wheel cutout angle far too drastic, which puts all the stress on a smaller area than if you made the transition more gradual. The type of wood you used may be at fault as well.

In other news:

Quote by KoenDercksen
they're way too long... shorter and wider is the key

Chode
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at May 31, 2011,
Quote by itchy guitar
What do we look like? Silverfish? Go there homedawg, you'll get many more, better educated answers.

In my opinion, you made the wheel cutout angle far too drastic, which puts all the stress on a smaller area than if you made the transition more gradual. The type of wood you used may be at fault as well.

I literally have ONE (useless) comment on my silverfish posting (the same one).
UG is my home.
Last edited by Uber_Kitty at May 31, 2011,
Quote by itchy guitar

I literally have ONE (useless) comment on my silverfish posting (the same one).
UG is my home.

Well it IS only 2 in the morning (11 for you I guess. But still.)

I would go and make it TWO comments on your silverfish posting, but you already have my opinion
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
What type of wood did you use? I only ride shortboards so this may not be much help. Most shortboards are made out of maple, I think longboards are made out of maple but I've also seen some made out of bamboo.
Quote by Uber_Kitty
Is it still ride-able?
Is it repairable?
Should I scrap it?
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by TS
Shlongboard

Quote by supersac
you can probaly ride it but expect it to break one of these days

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
When I saw the thread title I really, really thought it was a roundabout way of saying your penis had lots of wrinkles.

Seriously.
I think its time you stop masturbating. If your shlong has cracks you may wanna see a doctor
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
So, without seeing the cracks yourself, do you guys think it is safe or dangerous to ride this board?
Why is it bent upwards at that angle..? That's probably why its cracked like that, it's got too much pressure going into those bends. To me that looks like it would snap as soon as I stepped on it..
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by MangoStarr
Why is it bent upwards at that angle..? That's probably why its cracked like that, it's got too much pressure going into those bends. To me that looks like it would snap as soon as I stepped on it..

It is a modified skateboard, that's why.
If you rebuild, move the trucks alot further away from the tips, and make the cut outs wider, or not as far down into the deck. Also, try scaling one of the templates on silverfishlongboarding down to the size of your board, and take the bits you want to make it strong, and accurate. But mainly, dont put the trucks so close to the ends.
these drawings made me think of theogonia's pickle in a cup recipe.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low