For the past few months I've been looking for a louder and slightly more versatile amp.

Currently own a Blackstar HT-5. It's perfect for just in my bedroom or whatever, but I couldn't get into a band situation with it. And it's just not cutting it with what I'm into playing anymore.

I've heard pretty good things about the Flextone series, and there's a Flextone II plus on Craigslist for $150. Could probably talk that down, but that's the asking price.

Obviously versatility here would not be an issue, neither would volume.

I'm really into djent and progressive metal as of late, and I do a lot of cleans such as Scale the Summit. That's probably the best example I can give. Play stuff like Periphery, BTBAM, StS, and then also some typical "metalcore" like Killswitch Engage, BFMV, All That Remains, etc.

Just wondering if the Flextone is worth taking a look at. I'm not against modellers or anything, so I figure what the hell, might as well ask around here.
Yes, yes it is.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
For $150 it is a good deal. If you could talk him down more that'd be awesome.

As far as whether or not it is a good choice...

I never owned a flextone, but I have tested one pretty extensively. I like the tones for the styles you are playing, but only when quiet or moderately loud. Once I got it up to band volumes it started to get a little muddy and loose. That was my only real complaint. Other than that, the tones are good for a very wider variety of genres and the effects are pretty good as well.

I'd almost say just go ahead and buy it because you could get at least $150 out of it if you choose to sell. And there is the fact that it is very unlikely you'll find an amp that good for that low of a price.

Bottom line: If you can afford to buy it, then sell it if you don't really like it, I say go for it.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
For $150 it is a good deal. If you could talk him down more that'd be awesome.

As far as whether or not it is a good choice...

I never owned a flextone, but I have tested one pretty extensively. I like the tones for the styles you are playing, but only when quiet or moderately loud. Once I got it up to band volumes it started to get a little muddy and loose. That was my only real complaint. Other than that, the tones are good for a very wider variety of genres and the effects are pretty good as well.

I'd almost say just go ahead and buy it because you could get at least $150 out of it if you choose to sell. And there is the fact that it is very unlikely you'll find an amp that good for that low of a price.

Bottom line: If you can afford to buy it, then sell it if you don't really like it, I say go for it.

Sounds decent to me. Yeah I've got the cash for the most part, my car registration turned out to be nearly 150 bucks lower than expected, so I've been looking on craigslist for another amp.

In terms of switching channels, I'm having a hard time finding info on what kind of footswitch goes with a Flextone. All the FBV things say they are NOT compatible with the Flextone II.
Well I'm not actually in a band or anything I just want that option there for me, last oppurtunity I had got destroyed because I only had the HT-5..

And I'm a little more serious in terms of playing/recording/whatever than I was a year ago.

So I'm going to attempt to gather up at least a drummer and another guitarist to play with.

How so didn't it cut it? I want to make sure that I don't screw myself over with this
I believe this will work

http://line6.com/legacy/fb4.html
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
With the flextone 2 2x12 i used i had to really crank it to get over my drummer at the time. So much so i would get solid state clipping over the distortion it wasn't too pleasant.
Quote by coolstoryangus
With the flextone 2 2x12 i used i had to really crank it to get over my drummer at the time. So much so i would get solid state clipping over the distortion it wasn't too pleasant.

Was your drummer a beast?

I've never played with a drummer so I'm honestly not sure how much power I'd need to be heard.
His snare was a beast yes. To cut through i had to turn it up quite loud is all. There might have even been something wrong with the one i used.. so idk but then again there might not have been. rehearsal studio amps are never in the best condition.
Raising your amp up with an amp stand or chair or box can help that out a lot

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by coolstoryangus
His snare was a beast yes. To cut through i had to turn it up quite loud is all. There might have even been something wrong with the one i used.. so idk but then again there might not have been. rehearsal studio amps are never in the best condition.

I'd have no idea

I guess it's worth a shot. I'll reply to him tomorrow and see what's up and I'll post back here.
Shameless bump, I replied to the seller, have yet to receive a response.. But I noticed he had reposted it today so it's probably still there. I'm going to make an attempt to haggle down a little bit and even possible convince him to drop the price if I drove there for pickup/local meeting.

In terms of my current gear.. Would my Bad Monkey OD become useless with this amp? I know it's not the best idea to combine pedal with modellers.. And what about my digital delay? The amp has built in delay but I probably won't use that much.

Just looking for more feedback/advice. Thanks
The answer is really just to use your ears. I personally like the sound of my ibanez ts9 in front of my podxtlive.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
The answer is really just to use your ears. I personally like the sound of my ibanez ts9 in front of my podxtlive.

Thanks.

Worth giving it a shot. I've just always read that you shouldn't use pedals with modellers..