I'm fairly new to bass, and i only know a couple of the bigger, more 'known' bass brands, but i've seen some really beautiful basses, and have no idea who makes them. So, what are some high end/very high end bass brands?
Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.

Vast turbulence of meteors and galactic dust..
Parallel undefined measurements..
Time has new form, life has new form..
Here's a short list of companies/builders who make basses on the higher end of things (keep in mind this list is in no way comprehensive):

Spector
Warwick
Roscoe
Sadowsky
Rick Turner
Rob Allen
Nash
MTD
Lakland
Ken Smith
Kinal
Skjold
Mike Lull
Modulus
Lightwave
Zon
Elrick
Dingwall
F Bass
Alembic
Brubaker
Wal
Helms
Pedulla
Fodera
Conklin
Nordstrand
Valenti
Tom Clement
Brian Moore
Benevente
PRS
First Act (Custom Shop)
Carl Thompson
Human Base
Godlyke
Basslab
Stambaugh
Status Graphite
LowEnd
Bacchus
Atelier Z
Ritter
Celinder
Alleva Coppolo
Landing
BEE
Cliff Bordwell
Jerzy Drozd
LeCompte
Citron
Kubicki
Hanewinckel
Pensa
Sandberg
Sei
Vigier
Warrior
Maruzczyk
Suhr
Overwater
Pavel
Pelosi
Kot
Wood & Tronics
Birdsong
Gus Guitars
Electrical Guitar Company

I only included brands that are at least toeing the boutique line, but there are lots of high end basses from the likes of Fender, Ibanez, Gibson, Ernie Ball Music Man, etc. I also left off the list things I know to be discontinued, pre-Gibson Tobias and Steinberger basses for example.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at May 31, 2011,
Quote by JD2k9
Status, Zon and Modulus really stick out. They're great basses.

I graphite.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Here's a short list of companies/builders who make basses on the higher end of things (keep in mind this list is in no way comprehensive):

Thank you!
Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.

Vast turbulence of meteors and galactic dust..
Parallel undefined measurements..
Time has new form, life has new form..
I'll add Mayones to the list, although opinion about their products is varied, ranging from amazing to fireplace wood.
Quote by JD2k9

Status, Zon and Modulus really stick out. They're great basses.

Both Zon and Modulus shops are near where I live.

Quote by El_Bozo
I'll add Mayones to the list, although opinion about their products is varied, ranging from amazing to fireplace wood.

Mayones makes great instruments but they are try before buy if you are buying from their standard line. But their customs are superb in every way.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at May 31, 2011,
Quote by dark Mass
Mayones makes great instruments but they are try before buy if you are buying from their standard line. But their customs are superb in every way.

Haven't had any of their high end products in my hands. Funnily enough i haven't seen any of them in any of the musics shops in their native country

But what i said about their quality... well... it's basically what people are saying on polish forums about them

Also, i have a really really really old Mayones electric guitar. like 15-20 years old, and can't really say good things about it... On the other hand those were from different price ranges back then.
And Sei basses if they haven't been mentioned.

Edit: Damn you Tostitos!
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Thanks, I only just put these clean trousers on.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
A fine selection of bass brands, but I'm slightly disappointed by the lack of Rickenbacker basses in there.
Quote by JustPhil
A fine selection of bass brands, but I'm slightly disappointed by the lack of Rickenbacker basses in there.

Oh god, just the name makes me jizz
in addition to the ones allready posted:
Clover
De Gier
LeFay
Windmill
GMR
Marleaux
Noguera

Quote by Tostitos

Maruzczyk

I love mine
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Last edited by sam_ofzo at May 31, 2011,