8 42%
Vintage VSA555
2 11%
Ibanez AS73
3 16%
Other
6 32%
Voters: 19.
I'm on the market for a semi-acoustic and I'm trying to decide between a Vintage VSA555 and an Epiphone Sheraton II. My budget is around 500€ and you can also suggest me different brands.

I'm planning to play some Silversun Pickups, Foo fighters, Wolfmother, The Get up kids, Jimmy Eat World and perhaps some AVA on it.

I have also check'd the used listings and there's not too many semi-acoustic for sale but there's a Ibanez AS73 with a Duncan '59 on the neck and a Seth Lover on the bridge for 470€/offer.

There was also a sweet looking Fender Telecaster Black Dove for sale but it was a bit too pricey for me
Last edited by WantsLesPaul at May 31, 2011,
I like Vintage stuff but their resale value is **** all. If you're likely to sell it at some point then they probably aren't the best bet.
Get the used Ibanez AS73 - used market guitars are almost always worth more than they sell for.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Deffo get the Ibanez! Theyre fantastic guitars!

Is it the brown-burst finish?
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by Spud Spudly
Try a used Korean Sheraton II. Better than the new ones and around half the price.

There used to be few Korean Sheraton's for sale about two weeks ago but now they're all gone

Quote by MickAlmighty
Deffo get the Ibanez! Theyre fantastic guitars!

Is it the brown-burst finish?

I think it actually is.
The Sheraton is a good guitar. Schecter and Hagstrom also make some decent semi-hollows in your price range if you're so inclined.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
If your after a semi acoustic, save up longer because there is only one choice.
Gibson ES-335. I think the cheapest one is like 3000
I've got an Ibanez AM73T (similar to the AS73) and quite like it. It's the only one of the 3 I have any experience with, so I can't really compare. But it's fun to play and looks nice.
that Ibanez with the upgraded pickups would be perfect for what you want to do. they're well made guitars that play quite well and upgraded electronics will just be icing on the cake
Try the Ibanez. If you like the feel of it you can easily upgrade the pickups with pretty much anything you want and possibly even be under the cost of some of the others (not sure what the prices are for what you're looking at).

If you don't like the feel of it, you've just made it easier to decide.
It's a pain in the arse changing pups in a semi-hollow, seeing as they don't have any backplates or anything like that...

So seeing as the nez is already upgraded, GO FOR IT!!!
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I got offered a MIK Sheraton II -91, Any idea how much would it be worth?

In good condition probably around $350US.