View poll results: Which guitar should oi get
PRS SE Costum 24
15 56%
ESP LTD EC 1000
9 33%
None/Something else
3 11%
Voters: 27.
So after some intense research I have decided to get either a PRS SE Costum 24 or a LTD EC 1000 but I can't decide. I have tried the LTD but i can't try the PRS since the local musicstore only have regular PRS guitars. I am planning on changing the tuners on the PRS to Grover locking tuners and change the pickups to some Seymour Duncan pickups if I get it.
THIS IS FOR COWS!
Ltd unless u wanna buy prs custom 24 :P
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
get the ESP if you're not planning to change any parts on it. Why buy a guitar you're gonna customize if you already know there's another one you want that you wouldn't have to customize.
get the LTD with the Seymour duncans
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
i rate you get the ltd, especially if you're into metal.. Well if you are wanting to change the prs's pickups to seymours, it doesnt really matter. I vote LTD
Quote by henrihell
get the ESP if you're not planning to change any parts on it. Why buy a guitar you're gonna customize if you already know there's another one you want that you wouldn't have to customize.

Because it's fun to customize of course.
THIS IS FOR COWS!
PRS' SE line is very good in terms of build quality, they only skimped out on things you can replace. Which, gathering from your story, you will.

The EC-1000 is roughly the same build quality, the only differences are the pickups (active vs passive) and the body style.

So essentially it boils down to "active vs passive" unless you're thinking of the Seymour Duncan Blackout or Livewire pickups. In that case, there is pretty much no difference.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
^ you can change pick ups in anything, so active/passive is kinda moot.

and how do you know you won't like the pick ups in a PRS SE if you haven't played one?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
^ you can change pick ups in anything, so active/passive is kinda moot.

and how do you know you won't like the pick ups in a PRS SE if you haven't played one?

I haven’t exactly heard good things about the PRS SE pickups but who knows, I might like them.
THIS IS FOR COWS!
Quote by PsiGuy60
PRS' SE line is very good in terms of build quality, they only skimped out on things you can replace. Which, gathering from your story, you will.

The EC-1000 is roughly the same build quality, the only differences are the pickups (active vs passive) and the body style.

So essentially it boils down to "active vs passive" unless you're thinking of the Seymour Duncan Blackout or Livewire pickups. In that case, there is pretty much no difference.

I'm pretty sure they still make ec-1000s with SDs as well as EMGs.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!