what guitar should i get, Im thinking of an epiphone zakk wylde bullseye with stock emg pickups.
Any suggestions, i am using a roland 20xl, i want to have a guitar has a rich blues and rock tones
I dunno if EMG's would be that great for a blues/rock tone, might wanna look at a Epiphone Les Paul Standard or similar if you're going down that path.

Should probably post this in the Guitar forum, not GG&A.
Brian May Red Special
Vox AC30C2
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Rothwell Hellbender
Vox V847 Wah
Boss DD-7 Delay
Fryer Treble Booster Deluxe
What type of blues and rock tone are you looking for? Name a few artists? and, Budget?
Quote by dann_blood
Proof he's a communist! He finally comes out, the nazi!
Quote by RecklessTerror
zakk wylde is amazing!! Get it man

Apart from worshiping the man, is there a guitar related reason why you think the TS should get the ZW signature?

TS why do you want to get the ZW signature? For the premium you pay, I'm sure you can do better.

The price point aside, I think you might want to consider passive pups, the actives may cause your Roland to clip, which can sound quite horrible. Also, you might not like the sound of the EMGs for blues.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Apart from worshiping the man, is there a guitar related reason why you think the TS should get the ZW signature?

TS why do you want to get the ZW signature? For the premium you pay, I'm sure you can do better.

The price point aside, I think you might want to consider passive pups, the actives may cause your Roland to clip, which can sound quite horrible. Also, you might not like the sound of the EMGs for blues.

any suggestions?
Quote by bazo666
What type of blues and rock tone are you looking for? Name a few artists? and, Budget?

gary moore, hendrix and maybe albert king? my budget is around $800
Budget?

New? Used?

City?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
You can't really go wrong with a strat for Hendrix-y tones. Teles are also very versatile. Hendrix used a Flying V also. I don't think you'd go wrong getting one of those 3.
Quote by JD2k9
You can't really go wrong with a strat for Hendrix-y tones. Teles are also very versatile. Hendrix used a Flying V also. I don't think you'd go wrong getting one of those 3.

i do not want a fender somehow
I agree with the guy who said to get a strat, but what have you got against Fender?

If you really don't want a Fender, go for the Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Should sound great through a versatile Roland Cube.

That Zakk Wylde guitar you mentioned is a metal guitar.

Also, I heard from a lot of people that active pickups suck through solid state amps.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Go with the epiphone Les Paul, solid choice, versatile and solid price point. Although personally I would prefer the strat or tele for the hendrixy blues feel.
I have an ESP LTD Eclipse-256, and it is perfect for rock, blues, and metal. Theres a coil tap for thinner, chimy-er sounds and it sound great with tons of distortion. Plus, it only runs you about $400
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
I'd say take a look at the Epiphone Nighthawk. A lot of people I've showed it to say it's ugly o.O I feel odd for liking it looks wise. I personally love the sound.
Quote by dann_blood
Proof he's a communist! He finally comes out, the nazi!
Quote by RecklessTerror
zakk wylde is amazing!! Get it man

Quiet you
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)