also, the output jack is cutting out. its very loose, you could take the bolt off by hand and push the jack in the guitar if you really wanted to. i suspect this could be wiring or it could be that the whole jack is loose. if you jiggle the cord, it starts to work again.

update: the sound is no longer cutting out, i think that problem was actually the cord. embarassing to not catch that one...

id like to avoid paying a luthier if at all possible, as i created this guitar myself.. but my dad did the soldering, and i dont have a gun. so fixes without a soldering gun if thats possible, but any solution helps. thank you

EDIT: The pickup height problem is fixed, but I seem to have only reached a temporary solution with the output jack bolt being loose. The problem popped back up a couple hours later. The soldering looks like it could use some work, but I'm getting a solid connection as well as solid sound. I just want it to feel solid as well, I'm afraid eventually I will break a solder or lose the bolt or something. There's a little star-esque piece on the inside, I have it set closest to the plate for the jack, with another bolt following it and followed by the jack itself. I don't have a good camera, but I can try to provide pictures if needed.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Last edited by idahoimmortal at Jun 1, 2011,
okay, the output jack is tightened now, really weird fix. ill be testing it momentarily. will keep updating within the thread.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
even with the output jack tightened, the wires may be loose from all the jiggling around it did before

if at all possible, I'd suggest re-soldering the jack

for the screws, you can just pick up some pickup height or pickup mounting screws at a music store ususally
Quote by james4
even with the output jack tightened, the wires may be loose from all the jiggling around it did before

if at all possible, I'd suggest re-soldering the jack

for the screws, you can just pick up some pickup height or pickup mounting screws at a music store ususally

i was being precautious of just that; so i only moved it just a little everytime. i would like to have it resoldered just in case (i also wrapped it up to give more support). but that problem is fixed. thanks. still working on the pickup.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
The pickup height problem is fixed, but I seem to have only reached a temporary solution with the output jack bolt being loose. The problem popped back up a couple hours later. The soldering looks like it could use some work, but I'm getting a solid connection as well as solid sound. I just want it to feel solid as well, I'm afraid eventually I will break a solder or lose the bolt or something. There's a little star-esque piece on the inside, I have it set closest to the plate for the jack, with another bolt following it and followed by the jack itself.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300