Before I even got a bass, I already had the bass-ics (lol ) down? For christmas I got my first bass, and I remember trying basses out in music stores and being able to play them quite well, when I had never played a bass before. Is it because I've played guitar for 4 years, or because I'm a ****in' genius?
Yep, you're a genius.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo
If you've been playing guitars you've got the basics already, I had the same thing but the other way, I first played bass 3 years and then got a guitar, and could play some simple songs immediately, even though I never played the bass with a pick before I started playing guitar.
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
you moved from guitar to bass?
obviously not a genius

No, I still play both.

I could slap on my first time playing too.
Yes but was your technique any good. IS the way your playing at the moment going to cause you pain further down the line. Are you even playing in time. The list goes on and on.

Go practise now and make sure your doing everything right.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
While we're on the subject, when I first tried bass, I seemingly tore a hole in the space time continuum, and saw what looked to be the glowing glory of heaven, was I doing it right?
yah so are just saying that to show off and no not awsome so i have been playing since cristmas to and i can do all that but you dont see me making stuff on the internet about it
impressive. now play some Adam Nitti.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
It's great to see some modesty in this forum. You probably just convinced yourself you're good.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Yeah, I thought I was great when I started, too.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
According to his profile he's fifteen so I think he just wants us to think he's "cool".
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Well he isn't

Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Dude remember what I told you about ending your stories a sentence shorter?
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why