So I ordered a Malekko Barker Assmaster Germanium the other day and it arrived this morning. One big problem, they sent me the silicon model instead of the Germanium. Apparently Malekko sent the dealer two silicon ones labeled Germanium and now they don't have any more in stock, he's gonna give a full refund and pay for return postage.

Do any of you know of UK stockists of these Malekko pedals or am I going to have to wait even longer for him to get another in stock?

Also any of you guys use either of these pedals on bass, if so what do you think?
'97 Modulus Flea Bass w/ Lane Poor
Warwick Corvette Bubinga

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
GK 210 RBH
EB Volume Pedal, EHX Black Finger, EHX POG, Malekko B:Assmaster Germanium, EHX Holy Grail, KORG Pitch Black
www.myspace.com/astheends
I owned the Germanium, and i've played the sillicon... both used on bass.

The Germanium is DEFINETLY the way to go. It'll be worth the wait.

In the end though, it just wasn't my thing. I love the germanium stuff... but the B:assmaster still sounded too 'synthy' to me. Which is FINE if you want that.

Will yours have the expression input? THAT part of it is SUPER fun to mess with!

It is a fantastic pedal, it just wasn't what i wanted.

On a related note... if you want a real vintage germanium sound... look for old early-70's Kustom amps. The ones with the sparkle vinyl "tuck n roll" padding. These were made with the germanium components and have a sweeeeeet sound. I have a '69 Kustom200 bass head. It sounds great but i have to REALLY crank it to get the desired drive out of it... some lower wattage Kustom heads (50 and 100) can get a REALLY good drive at a useable volume. Just food for thought!

Again though, the B:AssMaster is a great pedal, and it WILL be worth it to wait for the corect one!!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
The guys is getting one sent to me from Belgium, should have it by the end of the week . He's been so much help with it.

I've had a quick play with the silicon one he sent me and it's... okay, it's way too rough and 'raspy' sounding for me, that's why I ordered the germanium model. The one I've ordered doesn't have the expression jack but I've heard you can have it fitted afterwards if you decide you need it.

I'll look into those amps, they sound like something I could have some fun with. Cheers
'97 Modulus Flea Bass w/ Lane Poor
Warwick Corvette Bubinga

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
GK 210 RBH
EB Volume Pedal, EHX Black Finger, EHX POG, Malekko B:Assmaster Germanium, EHX Holy Grail, KORG Pitch Black
www.myspace.com/astheends
it's a sign.

you must send me your silicone :assmaster.

I prefer the silicone to be honest, but it's all in what you want. if it was a case of right and wrong, we'd all play the same bass through the same amp with the same pedals and basslines.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom