I recently bought an Ibanez rg370dx. Personally I find it an amazing guitar, good value for money. The only downside is the edge III bridge What do you guys think?
What do you dislike about the Edge III bridge? Hope your not jumping on the band wagon.

Had an RG350, good guitar, decent price, decent trem.
I've got an RG350 myself, love it, granted it's got EMG 81/85s in it now but I don't really get all the hate the Edge III gets, people always seem to say it throws it out of tune, but it never does for me and I'm really violent with my trem. Even the stock pickups aint that bad, they're a bit noisy, but it's great value for the price you pay for it. Plus the neck and fret access is great, especially given I've got small fingers.

I mean sure it's not going to be as good as a proper high end guitar, but its relative to its price range, and in that price range it's great.
Last edited by elvor0 at May 31, 2011,
Is there a real difference between the 350 and the 370? All iv noticed is that the 350 has a pickguard :P
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
What do you dislike about the Edge III bridge? Hope your not jumping on the band wagon.

Had an RG350, good guitar, decent price, decent trem.

Its a great bridge but i had a problem when changing string gauges. Took me a month to get it in working order again
I have an Rg370dx. But I don't get the whole hate on the Edge III trem. The only problem I have with it is when I use it "violently" the trem bar gets a little too loose. That's about it.
The only mods I've done is put a set of EMG's (81/60) in it and a 3 way switch. Now it sounds (and looks) like a guitar twice its price.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at May 31, 2011,
Yeah, the trem does seem to loosen. I still love the bridge. Just changing gauges is the only problem
I got an RG320FM with the edge 3 in it, nowt wrong with it, except for the fact I'm a trem hater and have it blocked off with a tremol-no. When I do decide to roll out the trem it's a fine specimen. I've not had any issues with gauges but I string up in 9s or 10s, have a friend using the edge 3 with 12s who solved the tension problem by buying non-stock springs with a higher tension value
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb