I need to get one and I've been googling. Seems kind of strange to me that they're issued by companies instead of government agencies. According to wiki all they're just multiple translations of your own existing license. Anyone here have one? If you do have you ever encountered any problems with them?
I'd never even heard of them.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
What do you need it for? As far as I'm aware my Dad has never needed an international licence when hiring a car abroad.

I can't comment personally becuase I've never driven abroad myself.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
What do you need it for? As far as I'm aware my Dad has never needed an international licence when hiring a car abroad.

I can't comment personally becuase I've never driven abroad myself.

I'm moving to Brazil for a while and it's stupidly expensive to get a license there. I'd rather shell out $75 for an international one.
Quote by Masamune
I'm moving to Brazil for a while and it's stupidly expensive to get a license there. I'd rather shell out $75 for an international one.

I guess that is a bit different to hiring a car abroad for a week!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
International driver's licence is a load of bull shit.

My friend and I rented a car in Australia and NZ and got that IDL beforehand, because it was told that we needed one.

So we payed a few euros for that and during the entire trip no one even slightly aksed for that.
Quote by G.Krizzel
International driver's licence is a load of bull shit.

My friend and I rented a car in Australia and NZ and got that IDL beforehand, because it was told that we needed one.

So we payed a few euros for that and during the entire trip no one even slightly aksed for that.

Might be different where you're from but I think that a normal US license is valid for up to 6 months abroad if it's accompanied with a passport.
I don't know much about it but my mom has one and she's driven in a lot of countries without any trouble
cat