Hey everyone,

I have the oppurtunity to get a used Bugera 333xl off eBay for ~£300 however they do have reliability issues (or at least the early ones did I think) so I'm not really sure whether to go with this Bugera or get a Peavey vypyr tube 120 for £360 from eBay.

Any good advice on my situation?

If it helps at all, I play mostly metal.

Cheers
I'd stay away from Bugera. I got one of the 333xl and it smoked up a storm. Got rid of that thing like nobody's business. I don't have any experience with the vyper though. I just wanted to let you know Bugera are very hit and miss.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Depends on the year the bugera was made - they sound awesome and its what i want next, but the earlier ones sometimes do break down.
Periphery, love that shit!
Oh, and if possible get the infinium versions of the bugera amp, apparently they have a much longer lifespan.
Periphery, love that shit!
I'd go for the 333xl.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by AvengedESP
Oh, and if possible get the infinium versions of the bugera amp, apparently they have a much longer lifespan.

Infinium? That sounds exactly like the DIVO... Surely DIVO patented the concept?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I'd go with the Vypyr. It sounds as good or better than the Bugera, plus you're not riskin getting a lemon.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan

is the home fire insurance up to date and evacuation plans posted clearly?

i'm going to say the vypyr or an other ebay find.
Quote by gregs1020

is the home fire insurance up to date and evacuation plans posted clearly?

i'm going to say the vypyr or an other ebay find.

i agree.
Hey everyone, thanks for all the advice. The buyer bought the amp in 2010, are the 2010 ones more reliable?

Are there any other amps worth £400 which would give me a good metal tone?
Quit fvcking around and buy an American made Peavey XXX and when it's time re-tube it with EL 84s..

edit: re-tube it with EL34s thanks gregs1020
Last edited by BobDetroit at May 31, 2011,
Quote by Xerius
Hey everyone, thanks for all the advice. The buyer bought the amp in 2010, are the 2010 ones more reliable?

Are there any other amps worth £400 which would give me a good metal tone?

There is a b stock ex demo peavey triple x on ebay right now with your name on it.
THE REAL THING.
Quote by BobDetroit
Quit fvcking around and buy an American made Peavey XXX and when it's time re-tube it with EL 34s..

fixed. he braincramped.
I'd really love to to get the XXX however I'm really in the area of buying a combo, I simply have no room for a head and cab unfortunately, any combo suggestions?

Thanks everyone!
Lol I had a 333 for 2 years and it never once gave me a problem - well I take that back, I was playing it straight for like 5 or 6 hours once and I think it was starting to overheat towards the end because it was losing gain and acting funny, but after it cooled down it never did it again :| Other than that, it was reliable, and sounded great. I regret trading it
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Why these two amps? They're completely different beasts. If you like the 333, then I'll echo what has said and just get a used XXX combo. Absolutely no sense in getting a Bugera when you can get a Peavey for around the same price. That's just foolishness.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X