Live down in the south, just recently did my first outdoor gig. With the heat and humidity the neck of the guitar got so sticky was hard to play. Constantly wiping it down between songs but, didnt do much for playability half way through next song it back so sticky like it was coated in glue. I think biggest help was a fan blowing But couldnt always stand near enough to it.

Yall have any secret trick, lotions or polish that can help me. Got another outdoor gig coming next week.
TBH I assume your playing with a glossy neck and that being the case they can be sticky to begin with so I would say the best thing you could do is by a guitar without a neck finish. If that isn't an option or isn't the problem then you could give any oil a try. oil and water don't mix so it may solve your problem.
I think leadg's suggestion may be the best.. look for some form of spray or cream to wipe on the neck.. The bassist in my band uses a special type of cream on his strings to help him play smoothe maybe you can find some options at your local guitar shop.. Be very careful with what you buy because some guitars have certain types of varnish that may screw up with certain chemicals.
Gibson sg special ebony
Boss Gt-10
Roland microcube
marshall mg10

Merry birthday jesus
Try using the kind of powder found in latex gloves , it should help your hands stay dry and make it slide better on the neck.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by Good_Lord
Try using the kind of powder found in latex gloves , it should help your hands stay dry and make it slide better on the neck.

Yep, rosin or some type of baby powder.

When I take unfinished necks out in weather like that they kind of absorb the moisture and swell a bit.
Quote by MikeDodge
Yep, rosin or some type of baby powder.

When I take unfinished necks out in weather like that they kind of absorb the moisture and swell a bit.

Rosin? Wouldn't that make his hand stick more? I thought that was the point of rosin haha Chalk would definitely solve your problem. Like the kind gymnasts and pool players use to keep the pole/cue from getting caught up on the moisture of your hands.
You could possibly get some steel wool and rub it on the neck to make it less glossy and sticky, and more like a satin finish. Or you could use baby powder, Olympic gymnasts use it all the time to prevent sweat from affecting their performance.
try finger ease I spray that stuff on my neck and strings before long shows and it works wonders.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
The sweat of a contented woman will do the trick...

...if only I could find one..!
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
I'm quite surprised that sweat was the main problem and not the guitar going out of tune. Those outside gigs ALWAYS play with my tuning if I'm in direct sunlight, it's a real pain.

But of course the problem is not the guitar, it's your hand. Just go with whatever's said above, maybe even spray anti-persperant on your hand (no idea if it works).
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
As already said, baby powder is where it's at.

On a slightly related note, I read that Jeff Beck dumps a ton of it on his guitar neck before playing a show; like his guitar will be lying on a table upside down and he'll cover that sumbitch.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by AlanHB
maybe even spray anti-persperant on your hand (no idea if it works).

Not for me it didn't Just made hand very sticky. I guess if you only used it on your thumb or something, wasn't a nice feeling though.
Quote by knutjob
Ive been recommended surfboard wax for this but ive never tried it

Surfboard wax is something that PREVENT things from sliding across it. Kind of the opposite of what he wants.
I use a light sandpaper on the back of all my necks. I don't like the glossy finish so I just sand it off. To me it makes it much smoother to play I find it much more comfortable in the hands as well.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals