Hi,
I wanna improve my soloing but main Problem I suffer is my finger movement across the fretboard. When trying to play difficult licks my fingers can't sync and it becomes hard to command them.

Also I wanna start building my own lick collection. But I dunno how to start building licks. What should I keep in my while trying to make licks and what theory and other aspect I need to know to build licks.
And I find easy to solo over simple backing tracks but when it comes to song having difficult chord progressions and heavy metal I can't improvise. Thanks
ACE AND THE ASS
Quote by ady.gravity
Hi,
I wanna improve my soloing but main Problem I suffer is my finger movement across the fretboard. When trying to play difficult licks my fingers can't sync and it becomes hard to command them.

Also I wanna start building my own lick collection. But I dunno how to start building licks. What should I keep in my while trying to make licks and what theory and other aspect I need to know to build licks.
And I find easy to solo over simple backing tracks but when it comes to song having difficult chord progressions and heavy metal I can't improvise. Thanks

1º problem - Practice. There is a cool exercise for that between many others that will help you. Grab a scale and play each note 2 times. Also, you should make sure that your fingers come down fast enough even playing at slow tempo.

2º problem - Practice. Make backing tracks with difficult chord progressions and try to jam over them. You have many theory to support the note choice, but nothing beats your ear, and what sounds good to him.

Hope it helped
Quote by Necromicon
1º problem - Practice. There is a cool exercise for that between many others that will help you. Grab a scale and play each note 2 times. Also, you should make sure that your fingers come down fast enough even playing at slow tempo.

2º problem - Practice. Make backing tracks with difficult chord progressions and try to jam over them. You have many theory to support the note choice, but nothing beats your ear, and what sounds good to him.

Hope it helped

Thanks

But,
How can I spice up licks and solos??
ACE AND THE ASS
Listen to the blues.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Quote by hitman_47
Listen to the blues.

hey,just wanna ask since i kinda have the same problem with the OP.
how do you exactly learn blues?
Quote by Ceey
hey,just wanna ask since i kinda have the same problem with the OP.
how do you exactly learn blues?

I can help you with blues. You need to learn minor,major pentatonic scales and blues scale of course. Also improvisation is a huge part of blues so you need to focus on improvisation. Techniques like hammer on, pull offs, bending, sliding are necessity. You should listen to your fav. blues player like BB king,Stevie Ray Vaughan etc.

If you some specific problem just ask.
ACE AND THE ASS
I've been attempting to do the same things (learn to play the occasional lead and the blues) lately, and one really helps the other. I'd suggest checking out Buddy Guy's stuff, it'll make the old callouses hurt and scare the cat, but really makes you focus on technique.
Don't jump into the solo, start with something simple. If you start trying to play the solo to Don't Stop Believin' you'll probably break your guitar out of rage. Find something simple or, if you really wanna learn Journey, start at the beginning and get the first few slides down. Then add a few notes; eventually, you'll get it down.
XBL: Kgrimes2
Steam: The_Anfauglir
Gamecenter: Kgrimes2
Wii Friend Code: 4970 3999 0634 0858
Twitter: KevinGrimes2
1. Learn the 12 bar blues format
2. Learn the minor pentatonic (A minor pentatonic is one of the first ones usually learned)
3. Feel the blues (this is probably the most important part)
4. Find a few backing tracks, or a jam partner (best option) and just jam!
5. Listen to some of the more known blues players (clapton, srv, hendrix, bb king, robben ford etc). Listen to enough of them and you'll see the same licks played in a hundred different ways mean a hundred different things)
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.