Poll: Do you crave a challenge?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you crave a challenge?
Yes
26 46%
Mildly, nothing unachievable
19 34%
Not really
11 20%
Voters: 56.
Personally, i do. I'm not a huge fan of metal, but i've learnt a alot of metal songs just because i found them challenging since i found my usual listening (whilst fun to play) wasn't really challenging enough. Same with learning like say the Chopin GP5's, because it's just insanely difficult and challenging on guitar.

I often find myself unhappy or bored if i'm not being challenged in some way, by myself or by other means. I also get frustrated when things aren't as challenging as i've been lead to believe, like the Portal games - whilst i enjoyed them, it really wasn't that challenging for the majority.

The reason i ask is because i brought this up with friends and well, none of them shared it I'm fairly certain it's not just me though, so do you crave a challenge? Do you become frustrated when there is no challenge?
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Last edited by Anthony1991 at May 31, 2011,
Yes. One that I really care about though. Not challenges like uni, finding shoes that fit me or walking home without getting beat up.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by Alex Vik
Nope. If I did, I wouldn't play video games on easy.

Haha seriously? Ahh that's a real shame Be a man and atleast put it on hard I can't stand an FPS that isn't on the hardest difficulty
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Sometimes I try to walk from my room to the kitchen with my eyes closed, just for the challenge.

Last edited by blackflag49 at May 31, 2011,
Quote by Anthony1991
Haha seriously? Ahh that's a real shame Be a man and atleast put it on hard I can't stand an FPS that isn't on the hardest difficulty

I forgot to mention I suck at video games and like beating a level
Yes. Challenging myself and competing with others is the only moral course of action. If you don't, well, you're just a commie, and probably want to steal the fruits of my labour like the welfare thief you are.

Srsly though, sometimes I blindfold myself and play certain songs.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Challenge usually equates to effort.

I find being lazy taxing, how the hell am I going to undertake a challenge?
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Depends what the challenge is. If I know its too hard then I don't want to get myself involved with it.
Call me Matthew.
Honestly....when something's getting too easy it does get boring. But as soon as it becomes challenging...I dislike it because I can't do it
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Honestly....when something's getting too easy it does get boring. But as soon as it becomes challenging...I dislike it because I can't do it

For me, when that happens, the feeling of actually doing it is what makes it

It's like asking a girl out, even if she says no, you still have the empowerment from atleast trying
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Sadly not. I'm kind of lazy and I just always feel discouraged and demoralised when I can't do something when I try to. Well, particularly for guitar.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I've recently started working out to get in shape for BMT. I've challenged myself to be able to meat the graduation physical fitness requirements before getting there.

In general though, I enjoy a good challenge as long as it's not way too difficult. I think having a clear goal you want to achieve and not trying to challenge yourself way beyond your ability is important. Otherwise you'll get bored or give up.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I'm with you. I could love a song to death but If It's not fun to play or isn't engaging enough for my playing I won't learn it.
I learned eat the rich by my ear but not the solo yet. I consider that a challenge but I achieved most of it.
And I wrote a haiku. Which is a challenge for me too.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.