I have owned my blues jnr for some years now and on the backplate it has got made in the USA on the plate but recently I have noticed that some BJ's have made in Mexico printed on the backplate does anyone know of any differences between the two apart from fender moving production as a cost cutting excercise.I've also noticed that the new mklll models are made in the far east.I assume that all BJ's were made in the USA to start with and moved to Mexican production to make sure they stayed competative in the retail market but did quality suffer for the same reasons eg internal componants etc ?
I would venture to guess that the case would be similar to those of MIM guitars: significant decrease in costs, though with a somewhat larger variability in quality.

Side-note: I'd recommend not calling Blues Jrs "BJs". For obvious reasons.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Someone's always going to say US or originals were better purely cause it's 'Merican and the tone of freedom is sweeter, then a few others will come on and say oh no it's the newer ones, they got the circuits right. No matter what, your amp is solid and will deliver. If you are seriously worried I'm sure someone will direct you to a tech who will mod it. I recently purchased a new version of the blues Jr. (it's the normal abbreviation) and while it sounded nice, it wasn't loud enough and when it was loud it wasn't clean. I've seen plenty of people gig with one and play harder rock, But I like having my headroom.
From what I've read there were no major differences associated with the American vs. Mexican, but were some with different models around that time. If yours has the green PCB then it is the original circuit and has some reverb noise issues.

That said, people generally consider the USA models more valuable. Not necessarily any good reasoning behind it, but its a common sentiment.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
For some great mods to the Blues Junior check out this guy. He has some Youtube videos also. Does wonders to the Junior
http://billmaudio.com/wp/

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Sorry about the abreviation I can see what you mean .I have no issues with my amp except the reverb can be a bit noisy but I keep it low to avoid this. As for mods I'm not too concerned even though I've heard that swapping the standard speaker for say a Jenson can make a huge difference and is reletively simple.
Quote by stevie1967
I've heard that swapping the standard speaker for say a Jenson can make a huge difference and is reletively simple.

i would completely agree.

my friend has a weber in his and it's a big difference over the stock speaker.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I heard recently:

You can get a Fender Product made by Mexicans in Mexico, or made by Mexicans in the USA! As far as the BJrs go, I haven't heard much about the difference in quality between the two, although, I suspect the US made one are a bit more desirable, simply because they are made in the USA
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by ecvMatt
I heard recently:

You can get a Fender Product made by Mexicans in Mexico, or made by Mexicans in the USA! As far as the BJrs go, I haven't heard much about the difference in quality between the two, although, I suspect the US made one are a bit more desirable, simply because they are made in the USA

That's a classic Fender quote, and based in truth from what I hear. As I said though there were issues with the early BJs, not specifically the USA made ones but just early ones in general, so the added value of being USA made might be overpowered by the issues fixed in later Mexican made models.

As for the speaker swap, I just put a Cannabis Rex in mine and so far the results are pretty obvious.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!