Hi Guys
Anyone familiar with this amp or recording from the Headphone socket in general please?
I am using AUDACITY on a PC (excellent free product) to record.
When using the output from the Headphone output socket on the amp to the Line-IN socket of the PC I get a very low an poor signal. The Amp volume need to be right up to Max to get anything to record.
I assume that the problem is impedance mismatch between the two.
Does anyone have any ideas how to overcome this problem please?

Many thanks
SimonK
Those headphone jacks usually aren't cabinet simulated, so it's unlikely that recording that way will sound very good. You'd want to use a Line Out of some sort.

That being said, in order to get better quality recordings, you should get an interface like a Pod Studio or an M-Audio device of some kind to 'replace' your computer's sound card, which isn't meant for receiving signals from musical instruments or microphones or amplifiers.

This is also a question that should be asked in the R&R forums, not here.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
I think the MGs actually IS an emulated line out - the problems more likely to be with the recording interface on the PC.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You need an interface maam
A good one will cost more than your mg
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
and once you get an interface the free amp model vsts you can get will rape the shit out of the mg...
Quote by steven seagull
I think the MGs actually IS an emulated line out - the problems more likely to be with the recording interface on the PC.

*shrug* My bad. I read that they usually aren't, and didn't think the MG would be anything special =P
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
Any headphone out should have cab emulation, which is just a filter. It's odd that you can't get a strong signal. Are you using a stereo 1/8" to 1/8" cable?