Hey I use logic 9 to record and make some beats nothing crazy and I wanted to get into sampling. Anyone know the best way to go about doing this? Sorry I am new to the recording especially the more hip hopish side of it.
Load up samples in a sequencer (not familiar if Logic has one built in) and trigger them.

If you need to find a sequencer I am sure there are free .AU sequencers out there.
Look for tutorials on how to use Logics sample editor and ESX24 Plug-in, there's enough features in both of those to manipulate any sound you want.

I've recorded water pipes in my house that produce a pitch when the boilers running, chopped up the transients in the sample editor and loaded them into ESX24 which created a really nice sounding organ style instrument.
Last edited by EatShreddies at May 31, 2011,
@eat shreddies
as simple as that advice was it helps alot to have a starting place to look...found a good tutorial
http://www.co-bw.com/Recording_Logic_Create_Custom_Instrument.htm
this got me started and Literally have been spending hours messing around with it. When you say boiler I am assuming you mean the oil burner in your house. Would love to hear your sample if possible. Thanks again
Quote by LotsofLicks
@eat shreddies
as simple as that advice was it helps alot to have a starting place to look...found a good tutorial
http://www.co-bw.com/Recording_Logic_Create_Custom_Instrument.htm
this got me started and Literally have been spending hours messing around with it. When you say boiler I am assuming you mean the oil burner in your house. Would love to hear your sample if possible. Thanks again

I'm gonna place my bets he means a water boiler, for his house's hot water supply and possibly central heating system Don't think we have many people using oil burners in the UK!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
I'm gonna place my bets he means a water boiler, for his house's hot water supply and possibly central heating system Don't think we have many people using oil burners in the UK!

Hahaha yea that absolutely makes more sense, thanks for clearing that up...
he best suggestion i have is to simply collect a lot of samples. theres a ton of free stuff on the internet.