Anyone knows what are the differences between the different 18 watters (18W, TMB, EF86), the 20W Lead and Bass and the JTM45 sound wise? What different tubes do they use?

Since the ceriatone site doesn't have details about the amps I have a lot of questions. I'm looking for a amp for Blues, Classic Rock and some Hard Rock (ie Sabbath). I was considering a JTM45 but it would be too loud to get it into overdrive (I'm looking for something that can sound good at home levels), so I was considering the lower wattage amps from ceriatone and a half power mod.

I'm really diggin this sound out of a 20W Lead and Bass (low end and thick tone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-6ANAvNVNo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTv1qDWyLs0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Thanks!
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Anyone?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Email Nik?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
The 18W is like the real deal 1974. The TMB gives more control over your tone but it robs some tone in the process. The EF86 one is like a completely different amp, totally different gain structure entirely.
I don't know how close the Ceriatone 20W'er is to the actual Marshall 20W'er but if it's close then it won't be as good as an 18W'er. The 20W model was a real step backwards. The 18W'er has that real Beano type of tone to it whereas the 20W'er was a bit dry and lifeless by comparison.
Now I'm not totally familiar with the Ceriatone clones in particular, my comments are based on the differences between the things they are cloning so take them for what they are.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
They'll all be pretty loose amps, with the 20W lead and bass being the tightest attack-wise.

I'm not a giant fan of any of them, TBH, since I prefer the 50W Lead for AC/DC, which is what the JTM45 excels at from a rock perspective.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Cathbard
The 18W is like the real deal 1974. The TMB gives more control over your tone but it robs some tone in the process. The EF86 one is like a completely different amp, totally different gain structure entirely.
I don't know how close the Ceriatone 20W'er is to the actual Marshall 20W'er but if it's close then it won't be as good as an 18W'er. The 20W model was a real step backwards. The 18W'er has that real Beano type of tone to it whereas the 20W'er was a bit dry and lifeless by comparison.
Now I'm not totally familiar with the Ceriatone clones in particular, my comments are based on the differences between the things they are cloning so take them for what they are.

I just emailed Nik just to make sure.

Yea, I've heard that the 20W where cheaper versions of the 18w when they were discontinued but I don't know why, from the videos on youtube, it sounds a lot better than the 18W.

When you say that the 20W is a bit dry and lifeless, is it the same as the two videos I posted?
-Homer Simpson
maybe fit powerscaling instead of a half-power switch? half of 18 watts is still gonna be pretty darn loud...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
maybe fit powerscaling instead of a half-power switch? half of 18 watts is still gonna be pretty darn loud...

Yea, that's a better idea, I didn't know they had a fit powerscaling mod
-Homer Simpson
yeah i don't know if they do either, just i vaguely remember someone saying at some point that ceriatone could offer power scaling... or maybe it was VVR. Either way, it's gonna be better than a half-power switch for what you want, i'd imagine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?