Hey im researching getting my first electric guitar. I will be playing mostly rock, bands like led zeppelin, acdc, guns and roses, jimi hendrix, eric clapton. Ive been saving up for a while now so my budget for the guitar is around 1000. Ive been looking at the Gibson studio, Fender american standard strat and tele, and some other ones. Whats the best guitar for these styles of music in this price range?
i play and listen to the same stuff. ive got the gibson studio and i love it. if u want to hear it in action coming through a fender hotrod. click the profile and listen to TAKING UP SPACE. solo comes in 2:20.
If you want to play Jimi and Clapton, get an american standard strat. Gibson Studio LP would be the best choice for you, though.
Quote by yankeefool265
Hey im researching getting my first electric guitar. I will be playing mostly rock, bands like led zeppelin, acdc, guns and roses, jimi hendrix, eric clapton. Ive been saving up for a while now so my budget for the guitar is around 1000. Ive been looking at the Gibson studio, Fender american standard strat and tele, and some other ones. Whats the best guitar for these styles of music in this price range?

Just checking, do you already play the guitar?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
IMHO you'll be a better player if you learn on a 25.5" scale like the Fender. Also the MIA Strat will need less work out of the box and will come with a great hard case (unless the dealer wants to rip you off), so you can get cheaper guitars later when you're more familiar with how to get them playing like you like.

I'd recommend going with an HSS Strat. You can always mod it to tap the coil and get the single coil tone if you want it (like for Hendrix, Clapton, etc.).
Dude get a lower end guitar if it's your first.

Get an Epiphone Les Paul.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I already play acoustic, and just want to make the move into electric. And I really dont want to buy a cheaper guitar that I'll just be outplaying in a month or two and have to replace it, which is what happened with my first acoustic guitar. I'd rather just get a good one now. Plus I'm in college so this will be the only electric guitar I'll have for a while.
Buy something used, if you have a friend that plays get somebody to check it before you buy. However, you need to try guitars out first, everyone likes something different and you need at least a general idea if you like a singlecut or a bolt-on heel, it all feels different.

The other thing is if you have the money, dont go cheap, its a false economy. Either buy the better instrument you will want to play, or buy the better instrument that will have a good resell value so if you dont like it you can sell it easy and lose little. Generally gibsons and fenders bought used you can resell for about the same, id get a les paul imo but its preference. Buying a new lower end guitar you will be making prob the same loss, so why bother.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by yoman297
If you want to play Jimi and Clapton, get an american standard strat.

They did both use Gibsons at one point or another, though. (Clapton primarily used SGs until 1970, and Jimi recorded a number of his classic tracks on a custom Flying V.)
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Definitely need a good amp. Right now im thinking either the Vox ac4tv which would allow me to add on the vox cabinet if I ever need more sound than the 4 watts can handle, or the fender superchamp xd because its only 50 dollars more than the Vox plus its way more versatile. Thats why im thinking about the Gibson studio faded since those are around 800 new, and I'd rather buy new. Leaving me 200 for the amp, so maybe ill need another 100-200 dollars to really get a good setup.
With an electric guitar you'll usually find the sound is far more influenced by the amp so make sure to get a good amp. As long as you have a solidly built guitar that sounds feels good in your hands you should probably pay more attention to the amp.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212