I was wondering about any key tonal differences between the combo and the head? I tried the head through a Marshall 4x12 and I didn't like the tone that much. Yesterday, I decided to refresh my memory of the renegade. I found a head that was hooked up to a different cab, and I liked the sound this time around. I liked it so much that I would consider purchasing it, even though it was a good bit out of my price range. I wonder if it would be better to have the head and a cab with good speakers or just the combo? I do so love portability, but I liked the tone of a head and cab (if the cab has good speakers).
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Was it the MG cab? At my local guitar center they put a Hughes and Kettner Triamp on one of those and it hurt the sound bad.

If you want portability its hard to beat a Head and a 2x12 cab. You can get a 2x12 that sounds amazing for not too much money.
I don't think it was the MG cab. I believe it said 1960A on it. It could just be that the speakers didn't take kindly to the amp.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Quote by sg4ever
I don't think it was the MG cab. I believe it said 1960A on it. It could just be that the speakers didn't take kindly to the amp.

Could be the speakers, the 1960 uses Celestion G12T-75
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.