So I currently have the Crybaby multi-wah, but I bought it used and the pot is starting to give out. Not only that, but it's buffered and I think that the buffer is doing something funky (not the good kind of funky) to my fuzzes and distortions. I have a fuzz face clone, a Fuzz Factory, and a Lovepedal Englishman and if I put them before the wah, the wah kills the effect, and if I put them after the wah, the fuzz/distortion overpowers the wah to where the wah is not even noticeable. I think it might be due to the Ge transistors not working well with the wah buffer (my Si Big Muff and Ds-1 work fine with the wah), so I want a wah that will work well with these fuzzes.

I mostly play for a latin church so most of the music I play is contemporary christian rock, latin rock with some jazz, blues-gospel, and latin jazz stuff too. And I want something that can get me a Hendrix sound too =)

I was looking at this: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fulltone-Clyde-Deluxe-Wah-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-101586782-i1432582.gc

any experience with it and does it work well with fuzzes? I'm mostly interested in the fact that it's true bypass and fulltone makes legit stuff
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
The Clyde wah is a good wah. It doesn't work that good with fuzzes though. The fact that it's TB or made by Fulltone doesn't make it work good with fuzzes. Wahs just typically don't work good with fuzzes because the wah puts out a low impedance signal while a fuzz needs a high impedance input signal, or the other way around.

The Teese RMC wahs (not the older ones though) have dedicated output buffers to fix that problem. You can also buy said buffers from Foxrox or get someone to build you one and install them into the wah you like.
My GCB-95 was crap with fuzzes (And just pain crap), until I modded it.
Sounded great then, but still not so good with fuzzes...until I added an output buffer.
The parts for a decent buffer can be had for like $1.
so an output buffer is the key then eh? ok cool I'll just try modding this one and replacing the pot. thanks! Does the output buffer affect how the signal works in any other way (volume drop, tone sucking, coloring, etc)?
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
Ok thanks! I had an opportunity to research this stuff a little more and I like what I've read about the Teese pedals, in particular the Equwahlyzer (but everyone seems out of stock). I have never heard of the Teese wahs until now... anyone have any experience with them? some of them are even cheaper than the fulltone one I originally intended to buy... I know price is not the best way to gauge the quality of a product, but how do the Teese wahs compare with other "more mainstream" wahs? I might finally be able to use my fuzz face and a wah together!!!
Morley PWA if you want a wah that will be noticeable with lots of distortion. No pot to wear out either.

You could replace your pot and mod it to true bypass but that doesn't sound like the issue to me. Lots of mods out there, the net is dripping with them. That would be the cheapest way out.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 1, 2011,
yeah I've been looking at all the different wah mods and I think I'll give some of those a shot before I spend $150+ on a wah pedal. Thanks everyone for your advice and opinions, I value them all =)
Teese are widely regarded as the best wah pedals on the market... But personally I prefer the Fulltone and the Budda, they are more "vocal" and are better at the clean "wacka ocka" styled stuff which is more my bag.

If I were to add a wah to my "board" (not really a board anymore; it only contains 2 pedals and one of them I only use on a few tracks live) I would get a Wilson ten spot II to replace the Ibanez WH10 that died on me. http://www.wilsoneffects.com/Wahpedals.html I've not tried the other pedals in the range but if you like the ten spot's a try! (The ten spot is a repro of the black case and the TSII is a repro of the grey case.) They'll work great with fuzz pedals as they've got in built buffers

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Sweet, the Wilson wahs look good too and they're cheaper than the Teese wahs, although both sites' sound clips sound awesome. So many choices, not enough $$$ lol

But I will try modding my current wah first. I built my first pedal (a fuzz face clone) about a month ago, and I've been tinkering with it since then. There's a certain type of satisfaction that I get from building/modding pedals that isn't included with even the most expensive pedals on the market. Thanks again guys