Hey,

I've pretty much narrowed my amp choices down to the Vox Night Train, or AC4TV. (My thanks to Graham Simmons for his VC30 review, but I think it'll be too much). Playing RHCP/Foo Fighters/etc./post-rock.

If I get the NT I need a cab anyway, and if I got the Vox AC4 I haven't decided between combo and head, but if I got the combo it'd be nice to have a cab to increase jamability/sound.

Budget: £200 for a cab.

Cab wise, I'm currently looking at either the Harley Benton G212 with V30s, or the Orange PPC112. HB is £180 from Thomann, the PPC112 is about £150 s/h.

Will the Orange be THAT much better than the HB212? I like the idea of having two V30s for the fuller sound, but I'm guessing the build quality of the Orange will be leagues and bounds ahead.

The other thing, if I got the 212, is it okay to turn it on it's side and have it vertical?

Any other suggestions on cabs?
Thanks!
I'd go with the Orange. I've heard that the HB cabs are made with MDF.
Why don't you try out a tiny terror and an orange 1/12 simalar price range better sound, but anywaay orange cabs are good if you have the money
Ibanez RG 550 Exx Black
Jackson DK 2T Skulls Custom
Marshall AVT 100
Orange Dual Terror Head
Blackstar 408 Cab
Boss ME 20
Line 6 pod 2.0
Quote by K-P
Hey,

I've pretty much narrowed my amp choices down to the Vox Night Train, or AC4TV. (My thanks to Graham Simmons for his VC30 review, but I think it'll be too much). Playing RHCP/Foo Fighters/etc./post-rock.

If I get the NT I need a cab anyway, and if I got the Vox AC4 I haven't decided between combo and head, but if I got the combo it'd be nice to have a cab to increase jamability/sound.

Budget: £200 for a cab.

Cab wise, I'm currently looking at either the Harley Benton G212 with V30s, or the Orange PPC112. HB is £180 from Thomann, the PPC112 is about £150 s/h.

Will the Orange be THAT much better than the HB212? I like the idea of having two V30s for the fuller sound, but I'm guessing the build quality of the Orange will be leagues and bounds ahead.

The other thing, if I got the 212, is it okay to turn it on it's side and have it vertical?

Any other suggestions on cabs?
Thanks!

Interesting that you bring this up as I was looking at getting a 2x12, Harley Benton specifically, and I already own the Orange!

The thing about the Orange PPC112 is that there are several different ones, but they all have the same name.

The one you are looking at will be one of the Chinese made ones. They use at least 2 different types of speaker. Some have Vintage 30s at 16 ohms, others have G12K-100s at 8 ohms. Orange say that the wood is 18mm ply, though they don't say what wood. Higher end orange cabs are 18mm birch ply, but I doubt the PPC112 is.

There are the older UK made ones too, but I don't think they make those anymore.

The HB is very similar spec wise, aside from being a 2x12. Made in China 16mm plywood and Vintage 30's. I've heard fairly good things about them, especially for the price, although I haven't heard one myself.

Hopefully someone who has experience with both can chime in on the differences in sound.

I know this is just regurgitating facts, but I thought I'd offer what I know as I'm currently looking at the same product(s)!
Heh, the Orange 112 is cheapish, but the 212 is about £400.

If what Sampy says is true, then the HB is also made from Plywood like the 112. I'm not too sure how much difference the wood makes, but if they're both made from unknown ply in China it seems the HB becomes a better choice.

S'nice to see someone in the same predicament Sampy! Thanks I hadn't realised there were several PPC112's floating around. I'm leaning towards the HB atm.

All I have at the moment is a Crush 30R, so anything'll be a major improvement. I considered the TT, and while it's a fair bit cheaper than the NT on it's own, I've read the NT is faaaar more versatile. May consider the VHT Special 6, but I'd like to try them all out.

With the 212, can you use the stereo inputs with two amps? Like one speaker each?

Thanks for your help!