I have an Epiphone Les Paul. So far it has everything original on it. I want something beefer sounding. I play mostly seether, shinedown and chevelle type stuff. Any recommendations?

Also, I have a mexi Fender telecaster. Everything original on it as well. This guitar has no sustain. Even the much cheaper Epi Les Paul sounds better than it. Can anyone recommend a good humbucker and pickup setup for it?
Don't Let me down!
Duncan Distortions for a good, beefy humbucker. For a Strat-sized humbucker, try Duncan Hot Rails.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
for both guitars i reccomend seymour duncans or dimarzios, they should get the tones perfect, try a seymour duncan jb in the bridge and a 59 or jazz in the neck maybe, if you dont like the sound of that, havbe alook and see what p'ups the artisis tou like use
Quote by Mason 95
for both guitars i reccomend seymour duncans or dimarzios, they should get the tones perfect, try a seymour duncan jb in the bridge and a 59 or jazz in the neck maybe, if you dont like the sound of that, havbe alook and see what p'ups the artisis tou like use

So basically the two pickup brands you've heard of?

TS - Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge with a Pearly Gates in the neck will be a great set for the Les Paul.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
So basically the two pickup brands you've heard of?

TS - Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge with a Pearly Gates in the neck will be a great set for the Les Paul.

no i personaly use emg pickups, ive also used guitars that use barencukle pickups, gibson also do nice pickups but i dont think they would cover the tones aswell as duncans
bridge pup - Dimarzio Norton
neck pup - Dimarzio Humbucker From Hell

steven seagull's suggestions are also a great set
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Meh I recommend an EMG 81/60 set. You can never go wrong with them, even for lighter rock, hell I have them in my Jim Root Tele, and I can play just about any style with them. It's all about EQing, with the right EQ, even the 81 can sound great clean.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I'm going to say seymour duncan JB and '59. They play great in a LP and are pretty much hand picked for your playstyle
Guitars: Hamer XT Korina Explorer, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Bass: ESP LTD EC-154DX
Amp: Line 6 Spider Valve 112
For the Epi I recommend the EMG 58X/60X set and for the tele I like the SD Quarter Pound for Tele set.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I suggest Dimarzio D activators. That's what I use on my Ibanez RG and they are great for metal. They also get you clear and crispy clean tones. That's what John 5 uses on his Telecaster.
on your lp, the SD JB/59 set is pretty much the standard pairing for most heavier music. it keeps your LP sound relatively the same, just better in nearly every respect.

another option is to put a gibson Iommi humbucker in the bridge. my brother plays an LP with the Iommi and a 59(neck) and its an excellent combo. its a little less in your face than the JB, but its still super clear and tighter than stock.

alot of this depends on your amp though. what sort of amp are you playing?
+1 to the JB/59 set up for a LP for rock. I play about the same music and ive messed around with them and they work well. Ignore the guy that suggested D activators. you dont need anything like that for rock. Im actually planning on getting a set when i get my Agile towards the end of the year.
Duncan Distortion in the bridge and either a Distortion in the neck or a '59. can't comment on single coils, I don't use 'em.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by GraveRisen
I'm going to say seymour duncan JB and '59. They play great in a LP and are pretty much hand picked for your playstyle

That's the opposite of hand-picked, that's pretty much the most generic set of pickups you could have chosen. Likewise @krehzeekid, they far form the "standard pairing for heavy music", especially not in a Les Paul - a Distortion or Custom paired with a Jazz is far more common. Certainly sticking a JB in a Les Paul will mean it sounds nothing like a Les Paul in the bridge position - it's much better suited to longer scale length, brighter guitars when you're looking to turn them into scream machines.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
les paul- DiMarzio Super Distortion (bridge), DiMarzio PAF (neck)

Telecaster- Seymour Duncan Hot rails (bridge)
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.