Alright, so i ****ed up and was in a hurry to cahange strings before a gig, and I had like switched up the d and g somehow, I normally use 10's btw on my les paul standard. And the intonation is usually great, spot on. After I realized my mistake and fixed it, I noticed some ridiculous buzz on the 16th fret of the g string, and the note was almost dead. I reintonated all the strings, and raised the action, and i still have to problems.

One is the buzz/dead note on the g string 16th fret.
And the other is when I press down on a note, usually on the lower frets, like the a on the g string, if i press down even slightly harder the note goes sharp? Maybe i just never noticed it but its really annoying? These strings have been through hell and back so im gonna change them and do everything again, but any ideas whats up? thanks
You may have been pressing down on the board too hard, or your string is really loose.

As for the buzz, have you looked at your action yet?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
You may have been pressing down on the board too hard, or your string is really loose.

As for the buzz, have you looked at your action yet?

Yeah the action is basically fine everywhere except that one fret.. And I raised it a reasonable amount and it didnt help. Its really not even a buzz, just a dead fret. And about pressing down too hard, I never really thought of that, I might just be noticing it because i'm paranoid now.
Quote by Fender/marshall
Yeah the action is basically fine everywhere except that one fret.. And I raised it a reasonable amount and it didnt help. Its really not even a buzz, just a dead fret. And about pressing down too hard, I never really thought of that, I might just be noticing it because i'm paranoid now.

Did you try to see if the neck is bent or not?
You may need to adjut the truss rod.

Or it may just be a dead fret that needs replaccing.
Why not post some pics?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
Did you try to see if the neck is bent or not?
You may need to adjut the truss rod.

Or it may just be a dead fret that needs replaccing.
Why not post some pics?

Yeah the neck seems fine to me. I'm pretty sure its not a dead fret, everything played perfectly before i screwed up with the strings.. I may just need to mess around with the action and whatnot more, but i raised the action a very decent amount and it did nothing for that one fret. I don't know whats up, I guess I'll give changing them to a fresh set a try. here's some pics of the neck the best i could.

http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h359/Anarchyisfreedom/?action=view&current=S5002518.jpg

http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h359/Anarchyisfreedom/?action=view&current=S5002518.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1105.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fh359%2FAnarchyisfreedom%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DS5002517.jpg