a need a audio interface but im lost because im kinda new to all this. So my budget is around $300-400 so whats the best interface i can get for my money? any help appreciated
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
what exactly is phantom power? (sorry im a n00b) and i would like to record a full band of drums, guitar (lead and rythem), bass, and vocals so how many inputs would i need exactly? also im working with cubase 5 if that is any help.
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
phantom power lets you use a condenser microphone. and youre gonna want some for the vocals and overhead mic's. Personally, i think the best in that range is the Tascam 1800 or the pre-sonus interfaces, depending on whether your going PC or Mac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're plugging an interface into an interface...

Interfaception

Pls tell me what is Interfaception. and how to solve.

well i looked into the Tascam 1800 and it got great reviews and it is in my price range so i may look around some more but that looks good to me also i was looking into "blue" microphones and was considering the "bluebird". Any oppinions on this mic or company?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Bluebird is a great microphone and love it for acoustics. There are a lot of good microphones in that price range. I am sure someone who has used more mics in that range can help you a little better than me. I have heard (but have never used a bluebird on vocals) that they aren't the best vocal mics in that price range.
Last edited by FireHawk at May 31, 2011,
well right now im only hoping to need one mic nd i wanna start recording ASAP so will it do a decent job of vocals hopefully? then maybe the right EQ can fix it up a little? Then maybe in the future once i save up a little more money ill buy a new vocal mic but will it sound decent for recording vocals and guitar? I mainly will be doing acoustic now until i find a band.
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby