Hey guys, I'm not a big pedal user. But recently, my vision has been changing and I've been listening heavily to synth based music. Moby, Boards of Canada, Infected Mushroom, etc.

I thought it would be cool to make my guitar sound more electronic. Like sequencing, a filtered sound, etc. But I have no idea how to go about doing this. I'm not talking about Tom Morello bullcrap where he just uses tons of effects, but something that will make my guitar sound very electro. I currently plug my Les Paul straight into my JCM 800 and I currently have no pedals.

I was looking at the Moog Murf pedal. It seems cool, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Maybe I can combine it with some other pedals to get a better sound? Any pedal suggestions?
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.
3 words.

Roland Guitar Synth
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Put a GameBoy soundcard in yr neck pickup.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Hey guys, thanks for the replies... the serious ones. Apparentely this forum still has the immature kids on it it has always had, sadly.

I'm looking for purely analog pedals. Nothing digital, it sounds too thin for me. That's why the Moog guitar pedals caugh my eye (or, ear). The Roland guitar synth is awesome, but I can make those sounds with my synth. No need for that.

I'm looking for something that will sound electronic, but still sound like a guitar.

PS: Much thanks to the post above^ That's a great start. Thanks!
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
Last edited by Goin' Mobile at May 31, 2011,
Edit: ^Glad to be a help. The guy has some great videos, it's crazy what he can get out of that stuff!

Quote by Goin' Mobile
Hey guys, thanks for the replies... the serious ones. Apparentely this forum still has the immature kids on it it has always had, sadly.

I'm looking for purely analog pedals. Nothing digital, it sounds too thin for me. That's why the Moog guitar pedals caugh my eye (or, ear). The Roland guitar synth is awesome, but I can make those sounds with my synth. No need for that.

I'm looking for something that will sound electronic, but still sound like a guitar.

That being the case then, I second the suggestion of a Fuzz Factory, and I'd also add a Phase 90. If I recall an interview I watched a while back when I was obsessed with fuzz, Matt Bellamy said that was pretty much what he shot for - Sounds electric, but still sounds like a guitar - I'd say there are tracks where he gets close to that, and those two are built into his guitar, so they should be a good starting point.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
DAMN! The Fuzz Factory is a sick little pedal! I just might go buy one. Only downside is it looks like a five year old colored all over it. Ha

Quote by BlackIce87
If it was me (And you just want to try stuff out), the Line 6 M9/M13's have a bunch of great synth-style effects built in, and you can get some cool sounds by combining them.

And it's off topic and I'm not trying to start a flamewar, but Tom Morello gets most of his weird sound effects from techniques he uses, not pedals. His pedalboard is actually very small compared to most guys.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l0pan21FRq1qag57co1_500.jpg

Edit: Just saw you wanted to avoid digital, whoops. To my ear the M13 sounds pretty good for being digital, but I'm no expert.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Last edited by souperman08 at May 31, 2011,
If you want crazy spaced out phaser sounds, I'd recommend the SubDecay Quasar DLX, the LFO and speed controls on that thing will make your guitar go from swirly to all shades of weird.

What about getting a ring modulator? A Digitech Whammy or some pitch shifter for the pitch effects.

I imagine a frequency filter might help too.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Try a little slap-back echo and an EHX MicroPOG - dial out most of the dry signal and start with the octave up and down settings at 12 o'clock. I get some great weird sounding stuff.

I've been recording a heap of sounds and electronic noise with aview to sampling the lot and seeing what happens... Other than cacophony... I was thinking more industrial....
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Goin' Mobile

Everyone else gave a smart response and I felt that I may as well be funny.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The roland synth does pretty much everything lol
Ibanez RG 550 Exx Black
Jackson DK 2T Skulls Custom
Marshall AVT 100
Orange Dual Terror Head
Blackstar 408 Cab
Boss ME 20
Line 6 pod 2.0
Quote by Goin' Mobile

Not really a good idea calling complete strangers 'kids', there's quite a few older gentlemen who can be quite snarky.

You could look into something like the Electro-Harmonix Tube Zipper, or maybe a Q-Tron coupled with a really strong fuzz like a Devi Ever...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??